Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC around 2K

Last response: in Systems
March 30, 2012 8:24:59 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: withing the next month (i know its far from now, but i like to plan before i buy)

Budget Range: i will have around 2000$ to spend (can be a little more of needed,but not too much)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Very heavy gaming and movies. i like to do these at the same time,so being able to do both without losing too much in performance would be awesome.

Parts Not Required: keyboard,mouse and screeen. im building the tower from scratch.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any that have fast shiping and low prices.

Parts Preferences: i would like to use Nvidia graphics, ive tried radeon before but it gave me problems. i dont want seagate hardd drive.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: i like high resolutions, so the higher the better. i have a 52" and a 20" i generaly watch movies on the big one and play on the small one.

Additional Comments: i would like it to be as portable as a PC can be, i know its not easy but if at all possible it would be nice.

More about : gaming

a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2012 12:29:36 PM

What bad happen betw you and seagate hdd.

Also i use amd graphics and they work awesome.

Ok i can fit gtx680 in your budget .

Also does both the monitor and tv has 1080p .

Do you take mail in rebates.
m
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2012 2:59:10 PM

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...

i listed both an seagate hdd and a wd hdd if you feel not to get seagate then choose wd if not go with seagate

you can also go with 3tb seagate hdd in that budget if you want.
Related resources
March 30, 2012 5:10:54 PM

serialkiller said:
What bad happen betw you and seagate hdd.

Also i use amd graphics and they work awesome.

Ok i can fit gtx680 in your budget .

Also does both the monitor and tv has 1080p .

Do you take mail in rebates.

I bought a new pc a while back, and within the first 4 months of owning it the Hard Drive died on me. I looked at the brand and asked some of my friends and lots of forums and a couple of my tech savy friends said that seagate has a reputation of having short like span hdd's. (granted this was a while ago, but after buying a PC and having it die on you so fast kind of sticks with you).
Yes,both monitors have 1080p.
Mail in rebates are great.lol.

My current PC has a GeForce gtx 580, ohow big of a leap is there inbetween that one and the gtx680?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2012 5:13:28 PM

Let's just say you won't need a second 580 if you ever plan to run at higher res than 2560x1440. :) 
m
l
March 30, 2012 5:50:29 PM

Another thing that just came to mind, how worth it would it be to invest in a solid state hdd?
ive been told that it cuts down loading times alot but are also very expensive. Would it be something worth getting later? or just not get it at all?

Thank you guys for the responses.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2012 5:55:48 PM

It is worth getting. More time to play and less time waiting to play.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
March 30, 2012 6:06:44 PM

If you feel its not worth then get a 60gb ssd and use it for ssd catching.
m
l
March 31, 2012 8:38:44 AM

Best answer selected by HomelessEskimo.
m
l
!