Madden 2006

With the phasing out of Take 2, I have a feeling there will be many
posts like this. I am positive I am going to avoid all Madden posts in
this group because of just that reason.

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not exactly impressed with the new Madden so far....
>
> http://sports.ign.com/articles/604/604010p1.html

It doesn't really reveal anything in the article other than the new
quarterback vision control.
What's to be impressed or unimpressed with?
I actually think it could be a kewl new feature.

"SpanishTeacher" <kyler.jackson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> With the phasing out of Take 2, I have a feeling there will be many
> posts like this. I am positive I am going to avoid all Madden posts in
> this group because of just that reason.

Yeah but what fun would that be? ;-)

It looks the same as last year as far as graphics, I was hoping for
something better looking especially if they're the only NFL game in town.

RnR Lesnar

RnR Lesnar wrote:
> It looks the same as last year as far as graphics, I was hoping for
> something better looking especially if they're the only NFL game in town.

Most likely it is going to be the same pretty much from a graphic
standpoint. I don't see any real jump in the graphics dept. till we see
the Madden games for the PS3 or Xbox2 (or whatever it is going to be
called.) EA has done little to that area and just done minor teaks here
and there since the move from PS1 to PS2 as far as this area is
concerned. I see no way/reason for them to suddenly do something drastic
now with new systems right around the corner. Saddly they will most
likely do the same thing with the next consoles and ride them out till
the next, no real change till then again. Going to really miss having
any competing football games :(

> RnR Lesnar
>
> "Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I'm not exactly impressed with the new Madden so far....
>>>
>>>http://sports.ign.com/articles/604/604010p1.html
>>
>>It doesn't really reveal anything in the article other than the new
>>quarterback vision control.
>>What's to be impressed or unimpressed with?
>>I actually think it could be a kewl new feature.

wjm

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2004

"RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm not exactly impressed with the new Madden so far....
>
> http://sports.ign.com/articles/604/604010p1.html

I don't care if they improve everything by 50% and charge $29.99 for the
game. I won't be buying Madden 2006 (0r 2007, 2008, etc.)

"Mattinglyfan" <Estoscacahuates@comcast.net (deez nuts)> wrote in message

> "RnR Lesnar" <rnrnospamcartman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm just hoping the PSP version is good, because that is likely the only
>> version I'll be getting. ESPN 2k5 is still good enough for Xbox.
>>

> I don't like how they take franchise mode out of all the PSP versions of
> the game. I just want to see how much they dumb down the features before
> I get a non-arcade football game on a portable.

I've never gotten into franchise modes on the consoles, so that really isnt
an issue for me. I do hope they have true online play and not just ad hoc.

RnR Lesnar

In my opinion this is going to hurt sales, at least for the time being
until the new consoles are released. With EA owning the exclusives
rights to this (as you guys mention) what's going to happen to the
other companies that develop NFL video games? I've been out of the
business of being too involved with these issues so I don't know
exactly what exists out there besides Madden and ESPN games. I know in
the past 989 Sports had GameDay but overall I still preferred Madden
over all the other selections.

With no one else to compete, I don't believe this QB Vision tool
they're adding to 06 will be that big of a difference. EA will be
focusing too much more development in the future consoles and not
enough for today's editions.

Guess we all just have to wait and see what the future holds with all
future NFL games.......or lack there of.