Bungie: Overrated Buffoons

Does anyone doubt that, given the money Bungie received from Microsoft,
another company could produce a game superior to Halo 2?

Halo 2 stands out because the competetion is that bad and that
underfunded. Bungie isn't special. It's an artificial construct propped
up by Microsoft.

Just something that I felt should be said.

hey, you get what you pay for... and seeing as how i got Halo 2 as a
gift, i have zero complaints! and i'm not even on Live!...

aether wrote:
> Does anyone doubt that, given the money Bungie received from
Microsoft,
> another company could produce a game superior to Halo 2?
>
> Halo 2 stands out because the competetion is that bad and that
> underfunded. Bungie isn't special. It's an artificial construct
propped
> up by Microsoft.
>
> Just something that I felt should be said.

Alas, the biggest (but by far the best) halo2 troll has preached from
the pulpit again.

Doesn't it get old bitching about Bungie, halo2, etc? who cares?

Jordan

Watch the documentary footage on the bonus disc... they admitted they
sat around doing nothing for 2 years. They pulled the E3 footage out of
their ass then had to re-do everything from scratch.

Really, it's a horrible abuse of a fanbase.

- Jordan

"aether" <vercingetorix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone doubt that, given the money Bungie received from
> Microsoft,
> another company could produce a game superior to Halo 2?
>
> Halo 2 stands out because the competetion is that bad and that
> underfunded. Bungie isn't special. It's an artificial construct
> propped
> up by Microsoft.
>
> Just something that I felt should be said.

Were there any days in grade school or high school in which you
didn't get your clueless ass kicked?

Just had to ask.

---Stash

"Political Correctness is just inverted McCarthyism."
-- Dennis Miller

SPAM FILTER:
You'd have to be out of YourMind to send me email.

still he has got a point...

halo2 seemed pretty rushed :(

Jan

Well, if Halo 2 was rushed then rush me out some more games like it.

I love Halo 2's multiplayer and even after 4 months I still play online
about every other day.

"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
> still he has got a point...
>
> halo2 seemed pretty rushed :(
>
> Jan

The only mistake made in this thread, is the rare typo by me.
Competition it is. What they say about sleep is true. Guess that's why
I liked the movie 'Insomnia'.

"Mark Lyle" <mark.lyle@gmail.com> wrote in message

> aether wrote:
> > Does anyone doubt that, given the money Bungie received from
> Microsoft,
> > another company could produce a game superior to Halo 2?
> >
> > Halo 2 stands out because the competetion is that bad and that
> > underfunded. Bungie isn't special. It's an artificial construct
> propped
> > up by Microsoft.
> >
> > Just something that I felt should be said.
>

> Alas, the biggest (but by far the best) halo2 troll has preached from
> the pulpit again.
>
> Doesn't it get old bitching about Bungie, halo2, etc? who cares?

Are you kidding me the single player game is nothing more then a be
continue, and the multiplayer is riddled with bugs that people on xbox live
can exploit. People have been waiting for this game for 3yrs, and the game
feels like it's unfinished...

"Kool Aid"

SNIP

> Are you kidding me the single player game is
> nothing more then a be
> continue, and the multiplayer is riddled with
> bugs that people on xbox live
> can exploit. People have been waiting for this
> game for 3yrs, and the game
> feels like it's unfinished...

WHINE

WHINE

WHINE

You sound like you're STILL pissed that you aren't
good enough to work for Bungie...get over it
already. It's not like you got turned down for the
Senior Prom...again.
--
Keith Schiffner
Assistant to the Assistant Undersecretary of the

"Steve Mischlich" <stevemischlich@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Well, if Halo 2 was rushed then rush me out some more games like it.
>
> I love Halo 2's multiplayer and even after 4 months I still play online
> about every other day.
>

> "Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
>> still he has got a point...
>>
>> halo2 seemed pretty rushed :(
>>
>> Jan

Halo 2 is amazing on Live - its the one game that still dominates my Xbox.

Although Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is great when you team up with someone
on campaign.

aether wrote:
> Does anyone doubt that, given the money Bungie received from
Microsoft,
> another company could produce a game superior to Halo 2?
>
> Halo 2 stands out because the competetion is that bad and that
> underfunded. Bungie isn't special. It's an artificial construct
propped
> up by Microsoft.
>
> Just something that I felt should be said.

Still seething that you were booted for killing a teammate eh?

.. <1113539211.942762.94840@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, % .
> Here are some quotes from the bonus DVD. Feel free to check them out
> for yourself if you want.
>
> Behind the Scenes: The Making of Halo 2:
>
> "This process began with the end of Halo" - That would be at least
> 2001, right?
>
> ""If you can get 30 seconds of fun you can pretty much stretch that out
> for an entire game."
>
> April 2003 - 21 months to ship:
>
> "I've been thinking a lot about E3."
>
> "This would be so cool... damn the frame rate!"
>
> "Yesterday, before the demo, we had all this stuff we were just
> throwing in."
>
> (Insert E3 demo here)
>
> "We can't wait another year, this game has to come out now." - Fan
> echoing all our thoughts.
>
> Cue Bungie picnic and employees playing volleyball instead.
>
> "The pentathalon is 5 different sports."
>
> "Volleyball, dodgeball, bocce ball, wacky race and tug of war."
>
> 'Everyone has to start with both bum cheeks on the line."
>
> "The key to enjoying the pentathalon - beer."
>
> Many medals were awarded.
>
> "Pentathalon for 2003 is officially done!"
>
> "We got the actual implementation of some of the choices we had made
> and realized it was impossible... we went round and around for perhaps
> too long."
>
> "We came back from E3 with a demo, we did not come back with a playable
> part of a level. That was really bad, actually."
>
> "We stilll didn't have the target we were aiming at."
>
> "So after E3 instead of being able to jump into all our levels and go
> right into it, we're still trying to figure out where we're going and

Good post, dude.

I always wondered what was on that second disc.
--

On Xbox Live you may address me as, atavaX

> Still seething that you were booted for killing a teammate eh?

Don't get me wrong; I like the game. When I play it though, the feeling
that it was rushed or is somehow incomplete always comes to mind.

TRENDING THREADS