  • Command Prompt
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 21, 2004 3:49:03 AM

When using Windows explorer, it suddenly lost the command bar, tool;bar and
status bar. Now all I have is the blue bar at the top, the small pane on
left showing folders, and the large pane for files. I can't figure out how
to get the toolbars etc. back.
If I open it form the command prompt, using the switch /n, it opens
correctly, toolbars & all. But I can't get it to do that form the shortcut.
Any ideas?

More about : windows eaplorer lost toolbars

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 7:21:19 PM

What does this do??
Start | Run | Paste this in the box:

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:E0A7C517-A91D-49F9-A9A1-9E89897323C1@microsoft.com,
Neil in Seattle <Neil in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and
pecked:
> When using Windows explorer, it suddenly lost the command bar,
> tool;bar and status bar. Now all I have is the blue bar at the top,
> the small pane on left showing folders, and the large pane for files.
> I can't figure out how to get the toolbars etc. back.
> If I open it form the command prompt, using the switch /n, it opens
> correctly, toolbars & all. But I can't get it to do that form the
> shortcut. Any ideas?
Anonymous
October 22, 2004 12:27:24 AM

Neil in Seattle <Neil in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When using Windows explorer, it suddenly lost the command bar, tool;bar and
>status bar. Now all I have is the blue bar at the top, the small pane on
>left showing folders, and the large pane for files. I can't figure out how
>to get the toolbars etc. back.
>If I open it form the command prompt, using the switch /n, it opens
>correctly, toolbars & all. But I can't get it to do that form the shortcut.

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

--
(tm)