Microphone volume autoadjusting to low-

MKLance

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I think this may be a driver issue, so I figure this is the right place to ask.

I am using a sennheiser PC 150 headset and running nforce audio drivers. I run Skype, which is the only program i use which involves the headset.

My volume keeps autoadjusting to low whenver i move it or speak. Literally i will be on the volume screen, move it up, and it will immediatly jump back to next to nothing. I have disabled autoadjust from Skpe, so I think there must be some other problem. I have tried everything I know how to make the volume stay where it should, but to no avail.

If you have any possible solution, please let me know. I am willing to try new drivers, change codecs, or do whatever to get it to work. Thanks

-MKLance

R0B0T

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
i can only say that maybe you should check your background processes see if theres anything there that has to do with audio and end it, see if you can adjust the volume, with skype closed, if it stays that way then you know its a softwear issue, if it continues to give you problems, id say reinstall drivers, then after that i have no idea.

MKLance

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Got it figured out! When you mentioned processes, it reminded me that there might me some underlying processess I could edit manually in Skype. Sure enough, I was able to find a page that told me what to do. I had to edit somer XML code, but I got it figured out! Thanks a lot!
-MKLance