Pc turns on for a second then turns off.

Blaza

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Can anyone give me any advice to fix this? I have no software installed (not even an OS) and when I turn my power on all my fans and LEDs turn on, then just stop. I have no idea why and can anyone help?

fancarolina

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Whose motherboard is it. I had a similar experience with an Intel motherboard, DQ45CB. Never did find a good fix. Didn't seem to effect the computer it would turn back on and off after a shutdown and when you turned power on to the board, ie. plugging in or flipping on the PSU switch, it would power on and off but other then that the system ran quite stable and reliable.

Blaza

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Yeah the CPU is seated properly, just rechecked that, and I don't have another PSU to compare it to. It's a 550W and I'm running that mobo, a Cd/DVD Rom, a Radeon 6750 graphics card, and Ballistix RAM

Hland

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
Did you check the CPU itself or the heatsink fan/thermal paste? If you can get to the BIOS before shutdown check the temp sensors. I once installed a cpu heatsink fan a little off-kilter and it led to a similar issue.

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
What brand of power supply ?... do you check one memory at a time...
Try remove the vdieo card ... just MB / CPU / RAM ( 1 pieces) with the power supply ... is it able to go to bios now.?.

Blaza

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I narrowed it down. With my mobo a series of short beeps indicate a problem with memory. My RAM sticks are in the right channels (verified through my handbook) what else could be the problem?