What were your favorite arcade games you liked playing ?

What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
(or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.
7 answers Last reply
More about what favorite arcade games playing

    i hate to think how many quarters i dumped into the original Asteroids
    box when our local bowling alley first got one. that and Omega Race
    were it for me...

    then again, there was Zaxxon. the same bowling alley got a box in and
    me and my friends played it for two solid days. but then, on the third
    day we went down to play it and they took it out! I haven't played the
    game since then... sad, very sad.

    my first console favorite was THPS3. it just blew my mind, and despite
    having played it a hundred times, it's still a joy to pop in every now
    and again.

    <lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    There can only be one: Streetfighter! No explanation needed and yes I do
    still give it a go every now and then. Honorable mentions to Operation Wolf
    with it's novelty of the gun. I bought it on my Spectrum but it was a lot
    less fun. Final Fight also ate a hell of a lot of my change, as did Daytona
    Racing a few years later but no home version could capture the magic though.
    Afterburner will always be remembered fondly too but I don't think that got
    a console airing. I think the added nostalgia of these games for me was the
    place that I played them and it's connotations. It helps the release of that
    extra seratonin.

    lav111@hotmail.com wrote:
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    For me, that would be Super Breakout, Sinistar, and Satan's Hollow.

    In article <1113475682.921091.195500@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    lav111@hotmail.com wrote:

    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    In order of preference:

    1.) Shinobi - because you get to kill people.
    2.) Rolling Thunder - because you get to kill people.
    3.) Double Dragon - because you get to kill people with your bare hands.
    4.) Rygar - because you get to kill odd creatures.
    5.) Rastan - because you get to kill people and odd creatures.

    Hmmm... perhaps I have issues.

    KILLEY KILLEY KILL!@#

    Stephen Edwards wrote:
    > 3.) Double Dragon - because you get to kill people with your bare
    hands.
    > 4.) Rygar - because you get to kill odd creatures.
    > 5.) Rastan - because you get to kill people and odd
    creatures.

    > Hmmm... perhaps I have issues.
    >
    > KILLEY KILLEY KILL!@#

    How could I forget Double Dragon? Remember those monstrous bad guys
    that would come out of the doors? They looked like the Toxic Avenger.

    <lav111@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > What were (or still are) your favorite arcade games you liked playing
    > and please say why, whether you played them in an arcade, or played
    > (or still play) them at home on your PC occasionally.

    I was a big Gyruss fan. I don't know why, maybe it was the music, but I
    played that thing every chance I got. There was one in our local convenience
    store/restaurant, and I'll bet I pumped a hundred bucks into that thing over
    a summer.

    Galaga, in the arcade, now on my SP, Dreamcast & PC, might pick it up for
    my NES (actually a new Yobi)

    Honorable mention:
    Metal Slug
    Pac and the Ms.
    Joust

    --
    Mac Cool

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games