Best car kit option for 6310i

Tags:
  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
April 10, 2004 10:53:55 PM

Hi

I'm faced with having to install two new car kits in the coming few weeks.

Both cars will need equipment for a 6310i but I'm loath to fit two std
Nokia kits as I understand the 5310i is the last of the generation?

I'm wondering how to 'future proof' things and I'm toying with the idea of
looking for a blue tooth solution.

However, my initial results indicate that blue tooth is a bit fiddly. It
appears to me that you have to switch blue tooth on and off as you
enter/exit the car. If you don't remember to switch it off when you leave
the car then you can't answer calls on the handset.

Or is there a good quality car kit on the market with swappable cradles?

Any thoughts, observations or suggestions?

--
Best regards
Barry

More about : car kit option 6310i

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 12:00:18 AM

I've found the Nokia carkit 112 great over the couple of years I've used it.
It's not true that you can't answer calls on the handset if you forget to
turn bluetooth off, in fact when I had a 6310i I kept the BT on permanently
with no discernible effects on battery life

HTH

"Barry Higginbottom" <barryh@kentra.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm faced with having to install two new car kits in the coming few weeks.
>
> Both cars will need equipment for a 6310i but I'm loath to fit two std
> Nokia kits as I understand the 5310i is the last of the generation?
>
> I'm wondering how to 'future proof' things and I'm toying with the idea of
> looking for a blue tooth solution.
>
> However, my initial results indicate that blue tooth is a bit fiddly. It
> appears to me that you have to switch blue tooth on and off as you
> enter/exit the car. If you don't remember to switch it off when you leave
> the car then you can't answer calls on the handset.
>
> Or is there a good quality car kit on the market with swappable cradles?
>
> Any thoughts, observations or suggestions?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Barry
April 11, 2004 12:08:03 AM

Barry Higginbottom <barryh@kentra.co.uk> wrote:

>Or is there a good quality car kit on the market with swappable cradles?

Yes, I have just had one fitted to a new Toyota
Avensis. It has swappable cradles, was supplied
by Unipart and fitted by Vodafone.

--

Mike, G4LTI
QSL manager for ZD8I

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:08:03 +0100, Mike @ www.zd8i.net wrote:

> Yes, I have just had one fitted to a new Toyota
> Avensis. It has swappable cradles, was supplied
> by Unipart and fitted by Vodafone.

Do you know what make it is?

--
Best regards
Barry

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:00:18 +0100, Alan B wrote:

> I've found the Nokia carkit 112 great over the couple of years I've used it.
> It's not true that you can't answer calls on the handset if you forget to
> turn bluetooth off, in fact when I had a 6310i I kept the BT on permanently
> with no discernible effects on battery life

Thanks for clearing that up re BT ON/OFF

I don't know how much difference it makes, but I guess with a BT car kit
you don't have the benefit(?) of an external antenna?

--
Best regards
Barry

Barry Higginbottom <barryh@kentra.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:08:03 +0100, Mike @ www.zd8i.net wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have just had one fitted to a new Toyota
>> Avensis. It has swappable cradles, was supplied
>> by Unipart and fitted by Vodafone.
>
>Do you know what make it is?

It says:
"THB Uni Take & Talk - Made in Germany".

--

Mike, G4LTI
QSL manager for ZD8I

Barry Higginbottom <barryh@kentra.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:08:03 +0100, Mike @ www.zd8i.net wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have just had one fitted to a new Toyota
>> Avensis. It has swappable cradles, was supplied
>> by Unipart and fitted by Vodafone.
>
>Do you know what make it is?

It says:
"THB Uni Take & Talk - Made in Germany".

Google came up with:
http://www.axessinternational.com/Products_Details.asp?...

--

Mike, G4LTI
QSL manager for ZD8I

"Barry Higginbottom" <barryh@kentra.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o 26blwtzbm5y$.fdznd5ufx283$.dlg@40tude.net...
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:00:18 +0100, Alan B wrote:
>

> I don't know how much difference it makes, but I guess with a BT car kit
> you don't have the benefit(?) of an external antenna?
>
> --
> Best regards
> Barry

Yes you're right, with no physical connection between the two there is no
external antenna. Not a problem with the 6310i though as it is such a great
phone for reception, far better than the miserable T610 I've been stuck with
over the past 6 months (which also works with the CARK112 kit by the way).
Currently waiting for a 6230 to arrive and get back to Nokia - can't come a
moment too soon!
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 1:43:13 AM

Alan B skrev:

> Yes you're right, with no physical connection between the two there is no
> external antenna. Not a problem with the 6310i though as it is such a great

But maybe a problem for your body. The radiation from the phone is
VERY high inside a car with no external antenna :-(

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605

Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:34:56 AM

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> Alan B skrev:
>
> > Yes you're right, with no physical connection between the two there is
no
> > external antenna. Not a problem with the 6310i though as it is such a
great

> But maybe a problem for your body. The radiation from the phone is
> VERY high inside a car with no external antenna :-(

Aaarrggghhhh..!!! The ***RADIATION*** - !!!!!

If the phone is in a cradle and not against the side of your head it makes
little difference. Do a google search on "inverse square law" before
talking rubbish..!

Ivor
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 5:36:34 PM

Ivor Jones skrev:

> Aaarrggghhhh..!!! The ***RADIATION*** - !!!!!
>
> If the phone is in a cradle and not against the side of your head it makes
> little difference. Do a google search on "inverse square law" before
> talking rubbish..!

There has been studies in scandinavia that show the level VERY high in
the whole car when using a phone (we're talking 10-100 times normal).
This is because the signals refelect against the metal body of the
car, and stay inside. The phone also raises it's transmitting effect
to max to be able to get som signals out of the car to the basestation

No nonsense I',m afraid :-(

This was serious tests, government founded as well :-(

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605

Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:13:27 PM

> Ivor Jones skrev:
>
> > Aaarrggghhhh..!!! The ***RADIATION*** - !!!!!
> >
> > If the phone is in a cradle and not against the side of your head it
makes
> > little difference. Do a google search on "inverse square law" before
> > talking rubbish..!
>
> There has been studies in scandinavia that show the level VERY high in
> the whole car when using a phone (we're talking 10-100 times normal).
> This is because the signals refelect against the metal body of the
> car, and stay inside. The phone also raises it's transmitting effect
> to max to be able to get som signals out of the car to the basestation
>
> No nonsense I',m afraid :-(
>
> This was serious tests, government founded as well :-(

Sorry but I've never been one to believe anything any government told me,
thanks..! Did you read up about the inverse square law..?

Ivor
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 10:01:32 PM

"Lars-Erik Østerud" <.@.> wrote in message
> Alan B skrev:
>
> > Yes you're right, with no physical connection between the two there is
no
> > external antenna. Not a problem with the 6310i though as it is such a
great

> But maybe a problem for your body. The radiation from the phone is
> VERY high inside a car with no external antenna :-(
>
> --
> Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605
>
> Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!

LOL : ) Erm, have you really thought about this?
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 11:25:59 PM

Alan B skrev:

> LOL : ) Erm, have you really thought about this?

Ref, other reply. This has been a hot topic in Scandinavia and the EU,
and several reports conclude that the EM-radiation inside the
metal-shielding of the car get VERY high (and that VERY high :-)

Are you willing to take the risk ?

--
Lars-Erik - http://home.chello.no/~larse/ - ICQ # 7297605

Win98se, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live!
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 9:12:57 PM

> Alan B skrev:
>
> > LOL : ) Erm, have you really thought about this?
>
> Ref, other reply. This has been a hot topic in Scandinavia and the EU,
> and several reports conclude that the EM-radiation inside the
> metal-shielding of the car get VERY high (and that VERY high :-)
>
> Are you willing to take the risk ?

Lars-Erik,

The reports you mention state that the EM radiation in the car is very high
only when not used with an external arial - if a CARK91 hands-free kit is
used then there is no problem at all.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 1:30:27 AM

RacingFan skrev:

> The reports you mention state that the EM radiation in the car is very high
> only when not used with an external arial - if a CARK91 hands-free kit is
> used then there is no problem at all.

Yes, but the tread here started with "not using HF set with external
antenna". And a blutooth HF-set has no antenna connector either, right

So you need a whole new kar-kit to replace the CARK-91 if you need to
trade the 6310i for a new Nokia phone :-(

--

!