No graphics on new build

Arith

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I haven't got a speaker yet but I get absolutely nothing through EVGA Geforce GT 520 2GB on Gigabyte GA970 UD3 with zalman performa 10 cooler and ddr3 ballistix 1600 mhz ect ect.

The fan on the cooler starts late, all other fans work, light on the power on, the optical appears to work, I tried partition manager in it just to see if I could hear it starting and pressing a key did cause it to stir, all usb work or light up a light.

So am I missing something, am I supposed to have a vga monitor, or is the cpu fried because of the fan not starting, even though a lump of copper is on it.

Arith

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I've got a speaker now; not a beep, not a single one. I didn't have a monitor in though but I did expect some kind of beep.
According to the manual that is motherboard or cpu, but I can hear the motherboard starting things in POST which I don't get to see.

I tested my monitor on this pc and it doesn't work on vga, dvi but does work on both connected. Otherwise it just doesn't do anything.

I asked someone if I can borrow a vga monitor, suppose I will have to wait again.

Corsair CX600 builder ATX
Bulldozer 8120 am3+
Zalman CNPS 10x performa
8GB Ballistix 1600Mhz Cas 8 8 8 24 ddr3 unbuffered in the grey slots
Gigabyte GA970A UD3
evga GeForce GT520 2GB in PCIE X16
Western Digital 2TB drive on SATA3
Cheap Sony disc drive RW
Fractal Define R3 case without speaker or HDD led
and I think that is it.

I know putting the motherboard in the case was fairly difficult but after screwing down all nine screws noticed a couple of USBs were missaligned by about a millimeter, pushing down actually cause it to snap into place: so I'm wondering if I caused any damage.

All the fans work but the cpu fan is slow to start, the gpu fan works, the dvd light goes on, all the USB show power and the power light functions normally.

What a life, I was doing this to replace a pc that is going crazy, detecting mass USB devices that arn't there for instance. At this rate I'm going to be without a pc.

hpdeskjet

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2011
I second anonymous1's suggestion of trying a known working PSU. If you can get one from a friend or something, that would probably help a lot. Sometimes PSUs arrive DOA and it sounds like that might've happened here. It could still be the mobo but I suppose it would probably be easier to borrow a PSU first than get another replacement mobo.

Edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't include this helpful guide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems