Flight Mode

Hi folks

Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?
During holidays I'm in an area without network connection and only want to
use the organizer features. The phone should not waste power by trying to
connect to a network.

Thanks
Peter
17 answers Last reply
More about flight mode

    good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
    only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
    time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:16:13 +0100, "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
    >time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

    Do you even know what you're talking about?

    remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
    > only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
    > time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

    Do you want to try sobering up before replying to a post next time?

    The OP said nothing about using the phone on a plane, plus many things could
    be used to "set off bombs early", if you want to negate the risk completely,
    don't fly!

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
    >>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<

    The guy didnt say anything about a plane!!!! He just said about an area
    without network coverage!

    Peter, although im not sure if it works this way on a 3650, you press the
    power button and select offline (i think!)

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
    > only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
    > time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

    i love flying

    Erm he meant Roaming then? not my fault he's a retard

    I thought he was proposing a method to use your phone features on a plane
    without connecting to the network, jesus so many negative depressed people
    in here. get a life and just give your answer to his question rather than
    commenting on my answer.

    Peter Howard wrote:
    > Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?

    The 3650 doesn't have built-in flight mode feature, but there are 3rd party
    apps that allow you to use the device in radio off mode, such as the System
    Tools by Psiloc:

    http://my-symbian.com/main/index3.php?cat=3

    --
    Tero Lehto
    http://lehto.net/tero/

    Oops. The link I meant to post is this:

    http://my-symbian.com/7650/applications/applications.php?fldAuto=93&faq=2

    Of course you'll find it at www.psiloc.com too.

    --
    Tero Lehto
    http://lehto.net/tero/

    > i love flying

    Yeah, and I think you were when you posted your first reply!

    BTW, you may want to leave some sontext in your posts in future so people
    know what you are on about.

    --

    "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
    > only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
    > time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

    There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)

    "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)

    On board of a ship.

    "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> wrote in message

    > "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >>
    > > There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)
    >
    > On board of a ship.

    Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)

    Ivor

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > > On board of a ship.
    >
    > Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)

    I'm not that phone addicted. Besides that, the cruise ship is connected via
    sattelite. You can dial direct to my room.

    > "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >
    > > > On board of a ship.
    > >
    > > Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)
    >
    > I'm not that phone addicted. Besides that, the cruise ship is connected
    via
    > sattelite. You can dial direct to my room.

    I don't know you well enough ;-) Besides at the prices I expect they
    charge you can call me, thanks..!!!

    Ivor

    miss betty boo

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:15:24 +0200, "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com>
    wrote some stuff about "Flight Mode", to which I would like to add the
    following:

    >Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?
    >During holidays I'm in an area without network connection and only want to
    >use the organizer features. The phone should not waste power by trying to
    >connect to a network.

    Just did exactly that, and yes batteries last much longer with the phone part
    turned off. I think the tool that includes flight mode is called System
    Tools. Requires removing the SIM as well, but I just leave it behing the
    battery and then close the phone again so I don't lose or damage the SIM.

    Cheers,
    Chanchao

Nokia Network Connection Product