Flight Mode

Last response: in Brands
April 11, 2004 1:15:24 AM

Hi folks

Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?
During holidays I'm in an area without network connection and only want to
use the organizer features. The phone should not waste power by trying to
connect to a network.

Thanks
Peter

More about : flight mode

April 11, 2004 3:16:13 AM

good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.
April 11, 2004 3:16:14 AM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:16:13 +0100, "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
>time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

Do you even know what you're talking about?

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply
April 11, 2004 12:34:15 PM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
> only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
> time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

Do you want to try sobering up before replying to a post next time?

The OP said nothing about using the phone on a plane, plus many things could
be used to "set off bombs early", if you want to negate the risk completely,
don't fly!

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 4:48:39 PM

The guy didnt say anything about a plane!!!! He just said about an area
without network coverage!

Peter, although im not sure if it works this way on a 3650, you press the
power button and select offline (i think!)

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
> only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
> time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

April 11, 2004 5:42:24 PM

i love flying
April 11, 2004 5:43:01 PM

Erm he meant Roaming then? not my fault he's a retard
April 11, 2004 5:44:50 PM

I thought he was proposing a method to use your phone features on a plane
without connecting to the network, jesus so many negative depressed people
in here. get a life and just give your answer to his question rather than
commenting on my answer.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:34:52 PM

Peter Howard wrote:
> Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?

The 3650 doesn't have built-in flight mode feature, but there are 3rd party
apps that allow you to use the device in radio off mode, such as the System
Tools by Psiloc:

http://my-symbian.com/main/index3.php?cat=3

--
Tero Lehto
http://lehto.net/tero/

> i love flying

Yeah, and I think you were when you posted your first reply!

BTW, you may want to leave some sontext in your posts in future so people
know what you are on about.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.thephonelocker.co.uk <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 7:19:09 PM

"Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> good idea, but how would a flight hostess know that your phone is in fact
> only in flight mode. mobile phones can set off bombs early, gives you more
> time to live if you're unlucky enough to have one on board.

There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 1:49:13 AM

"Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)

On board of a ship.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 1:49:14 AM

"Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> wrote in message

> "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >>
> > There is no GSM network available in midst of the Atlantic Ocean :-)
>
> On board of a ship.

Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)

Ivor
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 3:36:17 PM

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > On board of a ship.
>
> Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)

I'm not that phone addicted. Besides that, the cruise ship is connected via
sattelite. You can dial direct to my room.
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 8:11:01 PM

> "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >
> > > On board of a ship.
> >
> > Which of course is where satellite phones come in handy ;-)
>
> I'm not that phone addicted. Besides that, the cruise ship is connected
via
> sattelite. You can dial direct to my room.

I don't know you well enough ;-) Besides at the prices I expect they
charge you can call me, thanks..!!!

Ivor
April 12, 2004 9:51:33 PM

miss betty boo
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 6:51:15 PM

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:15:24 +0200, "Peter Howard" <hogwarts3741@aol.com>
wrote some stuff about "Flight Mode", to which I would like to add the
following:

>Is there a way to activate Flight Mode for a Nokia 3650?
>During holidays I'm in an area without network connection and only want to
>use the organizer features. The phone should not waste power by trying to
>connect to a network.

Just did exactly that, and yes batteries last much longer with the phone part
turned off. I think the tool that includes flight mode is called System
Tools. Requires removing the SIM as well, but I just leave it behing the
battery and then close the phone again so I don't lose or damage the SIM.

Cheers,
Chanchao
!