Changing Hyper 212 Evo Fan - How?!

Hey all, I am currently using a Hyper 212 Evo with the pre-assembled fan that comes bundled with it.

However, soon I am going to be rotating my heatsink, as it will improve airflow in my case. I was wondering how I could add a new fan to the Hyper 212 Evo in the process, or replace the OEM one?

I'm assuming if I was to purchase a 120mm fan like this, the Noctua NF-P12 Vortex-Control, I would simply attach the stuff like rubber grips and clips provided in the box of the CM Hyper 212 Evo?

Thanks very much in advance for your help :)

TkTk
14 answers Last reply
More about changing hyper
  1. You just need the bracket,there should be an extra one with the EVO.
  2. Yes use the extra bracket,it will work,use one or use both fans for a push\pull config.
  3. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Yes use the extra bracket,it will work,use one or use both fans for a push\pull config.

Ah that is good to hear!

I am in the UK, so don't have easy access to all the same fans that appear in benchmarking tests. However, I have been doing a bit of research, and have found the following 4 fans. I know that the given dimensions for the Hyper 212 Evo fan are "120x120x25 mm (4.7x4.7x1 inch)" , yet don't know what to think about the fan speed specifications "600 - 1600 RPM (PWM) ± 10%". These were taken from the official website

Would you mind giving them the once over and checking if they are all viable?
    Noctua NF-F12 PWM
    Enermax Appolish Vegas
    Scythe Gentle Typhoon
    Akasa Viper

At the moment, I am likely to settle with the Noctua NF-F12 PWM . I may get two and use a push/pull set-up. Or simply use the second for air flow INTO the case (don't have one at the moment).

Thanks SO much :) You're a Tomshardware legend!
  4. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-scythe-gentle-typhoon-1850-rpm-cooling-fan

My son put two of these in his first build.

Not sure of the other 2 but they look decent.
  5. SR-71 Blackbird said:

Awesome! Was this for a Hyper 212 Evo?
  6. Uther39 said:
    I use these all the time in my builds and have been very very happy with them..
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-akasa-apache-black-ultra-silent-fan-hdb-bearing-pwm-with-s-flow-blades-1300rpm

Nice, thanks for the recommendation. Have you ever used one on a heatsink or simply as a case fan?
  7. Both, im using 2 at the moment as push pull config on a H80 cooler, on my test rig..

8. Here there taming an FX8120 OCd to 4.8ghz at the moment, trying for 5 ghz.

Temps never exceed 50c under prime small fft test.
  9. Uther39 said:
    Here there taming an FX8120 OCd to 4.8ghz at the moment, trying for 5 ghz.

Temps never exceed 50c under prime small fft test.

Wow that is truly insane..... That is one hell of a rig!!! :love:
  10. Uther39 said:
    Both, im using 2 at the moment as push pull config on a H80 cooler, on my test rig..

http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff324/Thruxton/PCHEAVEN26062012/PCHEAVEN013.jpg

Out of interest, with such an open Test Bench case, how do you prevent things like dust or other external things from damaging sensitive PC components?
  11. I keep my room well dusted and vac alot.
  12. Do you know if there are any closed alternatives? Allowing ease of component swapping, yet suitability for general use? Thanks :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Fan Evo Components