Sign in with
Your question

Whats wrong with my nvidia grafics card my monitor keeps turning off

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 23, 2012 7:28:13 PM

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit processor. I have a Samsung monitor. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, driver version 285.62. Control panel version 3.9.731.0

If i try to skype or watch a movie my monitor shuts down.

Can you help me?

Lindy

Thanks.
January 23, 2012 7:34:09 PM

I cannot help but I can give an unrelated suggestion. Don't post your email address on the forums unless you want to be spammed. Best of luck with your issue
m
l
a c 112 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a b Î Nvidia
January 23, 2012 7:40:02 PM

Please use EDIT to remove your e-mail. Spam bots will send you even more spam then you may be getting now.

Does this happen as soon as you watch a movie? or is it just going to sleep while you leave the system idle?

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
January 23, 2012 7:55:09 PM

Hi, Im not 100% sure it's a monitor problem:

1- check in your monitor menu if it's set to auto detect settings, got that kind of problem from an IINC monitor.

2- does your video card have 2 port, you can try the other one

3-check for virus/spyware with malwarebytes

How do you know it's a monitor issue: can you turn it back on or you have to power on you computer once you tried to start skype ? Did you test an other monitor ?

m
l
January 23, 2012 10:18:42 PM

The monitor goes off with Skype or watching a movie in about 15 minutes. I do have two ports so I will try the other.
m
l
January 23, 2012 10:50:27 PM

What are the rest of your system specifications, specifically the PSU?
m
l
a c 112 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a b Î Nvidia
January 23, 2012 10:58:14 PM

Check your power save settings. If they are set wrong, the screen will go off to save power(Idle power down).

Most video players should stop this, but it is something to look into.
m
l
!