Intel D975XBX2 Marvell SATA driver needed for Windows 7

eschreib

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
Intel D975XBX2 Marvell SATA driver needed for Windows 7
Installed Windows 7 (62 bit) onto Intel D975XBX2 ATX Motherboard.
I can not get windows to recognize the SATA drives attached to the internal Marvell card.
BIOS see the drives, just not windows.
Attempted to install both Windows XP 64 and Vista 64 Intel drivers (STOR_allOS_8.7.0.1007_PV), but the install fails with "system does not meet the minimum requirements)

Any Ideas?

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
Mhy are you using the marvell sata ports? If its a problem, I'd just hook the drives up to the intel SATA ports and go from there....

Ive tried with both, and Ive never noticed any difference in performance between the two, windows7 recognised the intel sata ports on my xbx2 without any additional driver...

Madrias

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
You and me both! Same board, same problem. Though, I also seem to have either a bad SATA cable, a Dead IDE -> SATA adapter, or a dead port on my Intel Matrix Storage Device cause my adapted IDE drive isn't showing up either.

7 is nice, but Marvell's RAID controller sucks.

Gladyou found the fix but my suggestion to you is to make a slip stream Windows 7 disk when you can with those drivers on it. Did it for XP with SP3 and my mobos Intel SATA RAID rivers so I could kiss my floppy POS good bye.

stever_32

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Will - How did you setup RAID0 using the intel SATA ports. I have three harddrives that form the RAID0. I have the same Marvell Windows 7 problem - I would like to cut out Marvell if I can.