Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel D975XBX2 Marvell SATA driver needed for Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
May 19, 2009 1:38:23 AM

Intel D975XBX2 Marvell SATA driver needed for Windows 7
Installed Windows 7 (62 bit) onto Intel D975XBX2 ATX Motherboard.
I can not get windows to recognize the SATA drives attached to the internal Marvell card.
BIOS see the drives, just not windows.
Attempted to install both Windows XP 64 and Vista 64 Intel drivers (STOR_allOS_8.7.0.1007_PV), but the install fails with "system does not meet the minimum requirements)

Any Ideas?
May 19, 2009 9:14:07 PM

Mhy are you using the marvell sata ports? If its a problem, I'd just hook the drives up to the intel SATA ports and go from there....

Ive tried with both, and Ive never noticed any difference in performance between the two, windows7 recognised the intel sata ports on my xbx2 without any additional driver...
m
l
May 19, 2009 10:36:06 PM

I have 8 drives. The 4 Intel ports work fine. I don't want to add a SATA controller it woked fine under XP/ Vista
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2009 12:15:55 AM

have you tried using disk management to set up the drives
m
l
May 23, 2009 4:21:11 PM

The disks attached to the SATA device are not visable in disk management
m
l
May 24, 2009 4:42:09 PM

try the different sata modes in the bios not sure what intel has but my board has enhanced ide, extented ide, sata... all different ways for the bios to present the drives to the os.
m
l
July 28, 2009 11:34:23 AM

You and me both! Same board, same problem. Though, I also seem to have either a bad SATA cable, a Dead IDE -> SATA adapter, or a dead port on my Intel Matrix Storage Device cause my adapted IDE drive isn't showing up either.

7 is nice, but Marvell's RAID controller sucks.
m
l

Best solution

September 7, 2009 3:42:42 PM

I fixed the problem by going to Intel's website and downloading the latest RAID Marvell driver....it sees my SATA drives now!
September 10, 2009 5:40:51 AM

eddiesel said:
I fixed the problem by going to Intel's website and downloading the latest RAID Marvell driver....it sees my SATA drives now!

Gladyou found the fix but my suggestion to you is to make a slip stream Windows 7 disk when you can with those drivers on it. Did it for XP with SP3 and my mobos Intel SATA RAID rivers so I could kiss my floppy POS good bye.
m
l
January 30, 2010 8:05:39 PM

Will - How did you setup RAID0 using the intel SATA ports. I have three harddrives that form the RAID0. I have the same Marvell Windows 7 problem - I would like to cut out Marvell if I can.

will_chellam said:
Mhy are you using the marvell sata ports? If its a problem, I'd just hook the drives up to the intel SATA ports and go from there....

Ive tried with both, and Ive never noticed any difference in performance between the two, windows7 recognised the intel sata ports on my xbx2 without any additional driver...

m
l
March 3, 2010 1:57:48 AM

I fixed the problem by downloading the latest RAID Marvell driver from the Intel site as well:

Marvell (RAID) driver version 1.2.0.7103 for IntelĀ® Desktop Boards.
m
l
March 11, 2010 11:46:38 PM

Best answer selected by eschreib.
m
l
!