Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010
Hello users of Tom's Hardware. I hope you can fix my problem. Yesterday, I added a new motherboard and added some RAM to my PC that I built at the end of 2010. Everything worked fine and dandy when I closed my PC up and plugged it in to see if it worked. It all ran and worked together just fine and friendly.

But, today I was in the middle of playing a game (Minecraft) and listening to Pandora and my computer blue screened on me. I don't know if this is caused by the switch of motherboards and addition of RAM or just a coincidence. I can try to add more information if needed. Thank you for the help.

-Dan

EDIT: Specs:

Motherboard: M4A88T-M (Old motherboard was M4A78T-E)
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0Ghz
Memory: Corsair CM3X2G1333C9 8GB (2GBx4)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5670

I hope this helps! Also, after the blue screen, I had internet problems (fixed by restarting router and modem) but my PC is freezing up and I have to shut down my PC by holding the power button on the tower, which I hate doing. Thanks for any help!

Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010

Hi xunicronx, my GPu is 450 watts. Would that be enough for my computer? Do you think I might need to buy a better GPU?

Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010

Ok, I'll try it out if my PC freezes again. It's been about 10 minutes and it hasn't crashed yet, I found a wire that was disconnected the went to the power button on the PC and connected it. I'm not sure if anything was happening because of it, I haven't noticed a difference since I plugged it in besides my PC not freezing for a while. Thanks, though, I'll try that if my PC freezes again. Also, thanks for letting me know that, now I know a little bit more.

Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010

Sorry for late reply scout_03, but my PC did crash earlier so I only have one stick of RAM running in it right now, like you suggested. I'll run it for about 30 minutes then if it doesn't crash, I'll let you know.

Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010

Hello, scout_03, I hope you're still there, using one stick, 2Gb, works fine. What do you think I should do?
Thanks for the help, by the way.

Daniel-_-

Dec 26, 2010

Hello, scout_03, I used 3 sticks of RAM, 6GB, and it's working fine. I added the other two sticks before I saw you post again. Also, I don't understand what you mean by "other stick," do you mean add another stick, which I've already done?