Sign in with
Your question

PC loses power?

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2012 8:48:07 AM

Hi!
Yesterday i built my first PC and everything seemed to be working fine. I installed os and some drivers and just browsed the web a little on the computer. Suddenly, the pc turns off. It was like a power failure. But nothing else in my house stopped working. So i tried to turn on the pc again and the fans spinned and LEDs lit up for half a second and then they died. If i replug my psu it does the same thing again. I have reassemblied the whole computer (except for cpu since i dont have extra thermal paste). But no difference. I dont have another psu to try with so i cant really check if thats the problem. Is there any of you that have solved a similar problem or should i just hope the store gives me my money or new hardware?

Thank you!

PC: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
i5 2500k
fractal deign newton 650w
gtx 560 ti (i have used this card in another pc and it worked fine there.
2x4gb corsair vengeance
ocz agility 3 120gb

More about : loses power

a b B Homebuilt system
March 31, 2012 10:41:43 AM

Zketch said:
Hi!
Yesterday i built my first PC and everything seemed to be working fine. I installed os and some drivers and just browsed the web a little on the computer. Suddenly, the pc turns off. It was like a power failure. But nothing else in my house stopped working. So i tried to turn on the pc again and the fans spinned and LEDs lit up for half a second and then they died. If i replug my psu it does the same thing again. I have reassemblied the whole computer (except for cpu since i dont have extra thermal paste). But no difference. I dont have another psu to try with so i cant really check if thats the problem. Is there any of you that have solved a similar problem or should i just hope the store gives me my money or new hardware?

Thank you!

PC: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
i5 2500k
fractal deign newton 650w
gtx 560 ti (i have used this card in another pc and it worked fine there.
2x4gb corsair vengeance
ocz agility 3 120gb

You could try this test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVt3nYv4zlU
If this test is good then it's probably a motherboard issue (short - etc.).
!