Closed Solved

Importance of Motherboard for good gaming using GTX 560 ti or above

Friends, What is the importance of Motherboard , I mean how significant it is, that it can affect FPS\other performance?.
I currently am using GTX 560, probably plan to buy i5 2300 CPU.

So preferred mobo is simple Intel motherboard which is actually cheaper ( INR 3500 or US$ 65). Only Intel is available here.

http://ark.intel.com/products/54876/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61WW

Does it sound well? :bounce:
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about importance motherboard good gaming above
  1. Yeah it comes down to the chipset. That mobo has a h61 chipset, which is older, I'm not sure if it will affect fps too much....
  2. The Motherboard is, possibly, the Most important aspect of your computer.

There are many things that can slow down FPS in games, for example:

Slow SATA Connection can result in slow World/map loading, longer wait to move files.

A Slow FSB Speed means generally slower performance because it will take longer to get information from the HDD-RAM-CPU-GPU And out to your display.

The Motherboard you listed is overall good because it supports DDR3 and Full speed SATA.
  3. oh...thanks.
    So I can proceed buying with this mobo Intel DH61ww?. I dont do SLI, now or never

I plan to purchase CPU of either low cost i3 2100 or higher i5 2300/2400.

Which CPU do you recommend out of this two for GTX 560?. (With no bottleneck and gives way for actually what my GPU can deliver)
  4. Best answer
    If you are not overclocking and don't need features of a more expensive board then any functioning board is fine and will not affect the FPS.
  5. No Do not buy that motherboard it is NOT compatible with the i3 or the i5 Processors.

If you want a mobo that unlocks the full potential of the GTX560 And support for i5, i7 Get something like this >>This<<
  6. brythespy said:
    No Do not buy that motherboard it is NOT compatible with the i3 or the i5 Processors.

If you want a mobo that unlocks the full potential of the GTX560 And support for i5, i7 Get something like this >>This<<

It does work with i3, i5 & i7 CPUs see http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?BoardName=DH61WW the one you linked to only supports 1st generation i series CPUs.
  7. I think he is right :) . The mobo DH61WW supports for i-series. Also as I said, I dont want SLI or other add-on feature. I want to unlock my GTX 560 beast to its full power, for that I need a powerful CPU such as i5-2300 and a decent simple mobo.
  8. Best answer selected by xtcx.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Motherboards Graphics