Newly built pc wont wake from sleep properly

mike8_4

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
So i recently built a new system and notice that only sometimes it doesnt wake from sleep properly (usually only when its been asleep for a while, like overnight) I have my monitor hooked up through the HDMI input on my 6850 and what happens is the computer seems to wake up fine (all case lights/fans come one etc.) but on my monitor it shows "no hdmi signal" also I notice on my keyboard the caps lock/num lock buttons arent lit up solid but will blink when I hit keys on the keyboard. After a reboot (by holding down the power button) everything is working fine. This only seems to happen when the computer is asleep for longer periods of time, if I only leave the desk for an hour or so she wakes up fine but twice now its happened after leaving her on over night.

Thanks for any help!

Strange thing is that it only happens when the pc is asleep for long periods of time (like overnight) if its only been asleep for an hour or 2 it seems to wake up fine but the last 2 days when I went to wake it up in the morning I have had this problem.

mike8_4

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I actually just did that last night, I have an asrock mobo and just spent time last night on their site making sure all mobo drivers were up to date. I have the latest Catalyst so I dont think its the gpu drivers. Arent all chipset drivers installed through the mobo website or should I go to intel?

mike8_4

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
All mobo and chipset drivers have been downloaded from the asrock website as far as know. am I missing something? Is there another place for these drivers? I verified I have the latest ati catalyst as well.

Thanks again for any help!

Strange thing is that it only happens when the pc is asleep for long periods of time (like overnight) if its only been asleep for an hour or 2 it seems to wake up fine but the last 2 days when I went to wake it up in the morning I have had this problem.

mike8_4

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I actually had another problem with my network controller disappearing from my device list and when I googled for a fix for that I stumbled across someone else that had the same problem here: http://adeelejaz.com/blog/type/windows/ The first post is the same exact issue I had with my network controller and if you scroll down to his second post you will see under "Windows 7 does not like waking up from sleep" that is the EXACT same problem I was having in the OP.