Screen in Daylight

Last response: in Brands
April 11, 2004 6:04:09 PM

Hi

Can anyone advise me on a good nokia to buy with a colour screen which has
good visibility in daylight.

I currently have a 3510i which is dismal to read on a sunny day so i want to
ditch it for something better, smaller and more modern.

Was looking at the 7210 but not sure how it compares to the 3510i.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
G.Moffat

More about : screen daylight

Anonymous
April 11, 2004 6:04:10 PM

I think there all the same, I have a 3200 and a 7210 and there both the same
in the sun. you can not see them at all.

"Graham Moffat" <g.moffat@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:o nbec.61831$Id.43478@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone advise me on a good nokia to buy with a colour screen which has
> good visibility in daylight.
>
> I currently have a 3510i which is dismal to read on a sunny day so i want
> ditch it for something better, smaller and more modern.
>
> Was looking at the 7210 but not sure how it compares to the 3510i.
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> G.Moffat

April 11, 2004 7:18:11 PM

6600

"Mickerob" <mickerobb@Icqmail.com> wrote in message
> I think there all the same, I have a 3200 and a 7210 and there both the
same
> in the sun. you can not see them at all.
>
> "Graham Moffat" <g.moffat@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:o nbec.61831$Id.43478@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Hi
> >
> > Can anyone advise me on a good nokia to buy with a colour screen which
has
> > good visibility in daylight.
> >
> > I currently have a 3510i which is dismal to read on a sunny day so i
want
> > ditch it for something better, smaller and more modern.
> >
> > Was looking at the 7210 but not sure how it compares to the 3510i.
> >
> > Any advice appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > G.Moffat

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 12:02:48 PM

Agreed. The better screen on this phone is MUCH more visible in daylight
than any other colour nokia i've tried. Any other model nokia with similar
screen technology will also be the same, so i presume the N-Gage..

"cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message
> 6600
>

> "Mickerob" <mickerobb@Icqmail.com> wrote in message
> > I think there all the same, I have a 3200 and a 7210 and there both the
> same
> > in the sun. you can not see them at all.
> >
> > "Graham Moffat" <g.moffat@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:o nbec.61831$Id.43478@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Can anyone advise me on a good nokia to buy with a colour screen which
> has
> > > good visibility in daylight.
> > >
> > > I currently have a 3510i which is dismal to read on a sunny day so i
> want
> > > ditch it for something better, smaller and more modern.
> > >
> > > Was looking at the 7210 but not sure how it compares to the 3510i.
> > >
> > > Any advice appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > G.Moffat

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 1:49:13 PM

Thanks for info guys.

6600 still a bit pricey at moment for me. I see it has a tft screen rather
than lcd which would explain difference in quality/brightness.

Might go back to non colour screen now in meantime.

Cheers

"Lord-Data" <data@ihug.com.au> wrote in message
> Agreed. The better screen on this phone is MUCH more visible in daylight
> than any other colour nokia i've tried. Any other model nokia with similar
> screen technology will also be the same, so i presume the N-Gage..
>

> "cobbler" <cobbler@cobblers.com> wrote in message
> > 6600
> >

> > "Mickerob" <mickerobb@Icqmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I think there all the same, I have a 3200 and a 7210 and there both
the
> > same
> > > in the sun. you can not see them at all.
> > >
> > > "Graham Moffat" <g.moffat@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > news:o nbec.61831$Id.43478@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

> > has

> > want

Anonymous
April 14, 2004 11:14:17 PM

Graham Moffat wrote:
> Thanks for info guys.
>
> 6600 still a bit pricey at moment for me. I see it has a tft screen rather
> than lcd which would explain difference in quality/brightness.
>
> Might go back to non colour screen now in meantime.
>
> Cheers

The 6230 has a TFT and looks to be a fully featured phone. Not sure about
the buttons though...

Ben
April 14, 2004 11:14:18 PM

In news:c5jv1o$2kpna$1@ID-191149.news.uni-berlin.de,
Ben Pope <spam@hotmail.com> typed:

> The 6230 has a TFT and looks to be a fully featured phone. Not sure
> about the buttons though...
>
> Ben

I've got the 7250i, no problems at all.
The screen is still visible in direct sunlight.

--
Barry
www.taximania.net

---