Sign in with
Your question

[New Build] No signal from monitor

Last response: in Systems
March 31, 2012 2:07:30 PM

This is my first time build and i don't have much experience. After get everything in places, the desktop starts running but there are no signal detect from the monitor. The led in the motherboard is on, the fan from psu, cpu, gpu.. is working. It seems like everything is good to go. The monitor is not broke since i used it with other machine before. Maybe there are something wrong with the case ? I tried to plug the case to a LCD TV through the HD cable, but there is only a blank screen. Also i checked very carefully about the RAM and GPU to be sure they were in right place. Please, help me :( 

Here are my specs:
Asus M5A97 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II x4 960 CPU
XFX Radeon 6870 1G graphic card
OCZ 600w PSU
Hitachi Ultrastar 500Gb internal hard drive

More about : build signal monitor

April 14, 2012 4:54:54 PM

ddatvu said:
This is my first time build and i don't have much experience. After get everything in places, the desktop starts running but there are no signal detect from the monitor. The led in the motherboard is on, the fan from psu, cpu, gpu.. is working. It seems like everything is good to go. The monitor is not broke since i used it with other machine before. Maybe there are something wrong with the case ? I tried to plug the case to a LCD TV through the HD cable, but there is only a blank screen. Also i checked very carefully about the RAM and GPU to be sure they were in right place. Please, help me :( 

Here are my specs:
Asus M5A97 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II x4 960 CPU
XFX Radeon 6870 1G graphic card
OCZ 600w PSU
Hitachi Ultrastar 500Gb internal hard drive

Make sure your monitor and your TV "input" settings are set properly. If that's not the problem it won't be an easy diagnosis unless you have another GPU to test it with because your motherboard has no display outputs.
m
l
April 14, 2012 5:13:27 PM

Which hd cable are you using?

Also have you tried clearing the cmos, If not disconnect everything from the mobo and clear the cmos?

m
l
May 13, 2012 7:18:26 AM

Thanks for reply. I actually went back to the retail store and exchange for another PSU. And now it's works fine. Maybe there is a problem with the PSU or the connectors.
m
l
Related resources
!