Sign in with
Your question

PSU dust filter

Last response: in Components
July 14, 2012 5:12:03 AM

My CM 690 II advanced case includes a PSU dust filter, which I haven't used since I built my system last year..

Do you guys think I should put it in or not?

More about : psu dust filter

July 14, 2012 6:28:47 AM

Put it in, your PSU is most likely very dusty, I knokw my 690 II advanced PSU dust filter is! :ouch: 
m
l
July 14, 2012 6:32:36 AM

amuffin said:
Put it in, your PSU is most likely very dusty, I knokw my 690 II advanced PSU dust filter is! :ouch: 

How do I remove the dust from it? I hope this isn't an issue...
m
l
Related resources
July 14, 2012 6:35:54 AM

Can of compressed air, start spraying :) 
m
l
July 14, 2012 6:37:54 AM

Also, I feel that removing the PSU just to add the dust filter is big work... (you know, attached cables.. Is that right?

AND where do I spray the air? Also, can I just make my own can of compressed air?
m
l
July 14, 2012 10:21:55 PM

amuffin said:
Can of compressed air, start spraying :) 

I heard that the PSU dust filter prevents good airflow.. is that true?
If I decide to add the dust filter (after spraying) I will tape the filter on the bottom of the case, just so that I don't have to dismount the PSU every few months.

I have one little concern though (would you please answer?!) :
... when blowing with the air can, should I just flip the case on the side and blow right underneath the PSU? (instead of dismounting the PSU and blowing on its fan?)
m
l
July 15, 2012 12:44:39 AM

Yozer34 said:
If I decide to add the dust filter (after spraying) I will tape the filter on the bottom of the case, just so that I don't have to dismount the PSU every few months.

... when blowing with the air can, should I just flip the case on the side and blow right underneath the PSU? (instead of dismounting the PSU and blowing on its fan?)

I don't think that you'll need to remove the PSU from your case, just blow air wherever it has holes, I assume it's pulling air from under the case, so there should be grating under the case, you could just blow air through that to clean the fan off.
m
l
July 15, 2012 1:01:52 AM

Yozer34 said:

You don't need to tape it, it can be inserted.
m
l
July 15, 2012 3:45:06 AM

amuffin said:
You don't need to tape it, it can be inserted.

Well if I insert it... I should remove the PSU every time I need to clean the dust filter. Is it a pain when you have psu like the hx750?
m
l
July 15, 2012 5:07:25 AM

Just remove the filter and blow the bottom of the PSU (where the fan is pointing down) with compressed air.

The filter is outside of your case regardless ;-P
m
l
!