Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
My CM 690 II advanced case includes a PSU dust filter, which I haven't used since I built my system last year..

Do you guys think I should put it in or not?

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

How do I remove the dust from it? I hope this isn't an issue...

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Also, I feel that removing the PSU just to add the dust filter is big work... (you know, attached cables.. Is that right?

AND where do I spray the air? Also, can I just make my own can of compressed air?

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

I heard that the PSU dust filter prevents good airflow.. is that true?
If I decide to add the dust filter (after spraying) I will tape the filter on the bottom of the case, just so that I don't have to dismount the PSU every few months.

I have one little concern though (would you please answer?!) :
... when blowing with the air can, should I just flip the case on the side and blow right underneath the PSU? (instead of dismounting the PSU and blowing on its fan?)

mace200200

Honorable

I don't think that you'll need to remove the PSU from your case, just blow air wherever it has holes, I assume it's pulling air from under the case, so there should be grating under the case, you could just blow air through that to clean the fan off.

You don't need to tape it, it can be inserted.

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011

Well if I insert it... I should remove the PSU every time I need to clean the dust filter. Is it a pain when you have psu like the hx750?