Computer Stuck in Boot loop

bfxlol

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Greetings,

I recently switched over motherboards from a rampage III extreme to a Gigabyte G1.Sniper REV 1.0 .Reason for this is because the computer would boot but nothing would display on monitor tested with multiple GPU'S so that wasn't the issue.

Current Issue Computer boots for three seconds then turns itself off repeats a boot cycle.I have to turn off the power switch off on the back of the Psu for it to stop.

I Received a new Corsair CMPSU-1200AXUK today to see if the issue still persists which it still does.

The CPU temp was fine to my knowledge i tested it with ROG connect (via the rampage III extreme)was showing at 34 degrees on startup.

I have tried Re seating RAM HeatSync and CPU with no prevail, kind of running out of options now.

Would a faulty PSU cause the Mobo to not send anything to the monitor?

If that's the case i could try doing bare bone build outside of the case with the Ramp III with the new PSU.

Specs
CPU - Intel I7 990X extreme
Mobo - Gigabyte G1.Sniper REV 1.0
GPU - X2 GTX 590
Heat Sync - Zalman CNPS12X
Ram - Corsair x3 CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 8GB
Case - Cooler Master HAF X - Full tower
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-1200AXUK
SSD - OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-120G Agility 3 x2 (Boot Drive)
HDD - Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB x2

Thanks Bfx.

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012

My answer would be, absolutely yes! Doesn't that graphics card get a connection from the psu to power it? I believe it has at least one connector on it to get power from the psu? So, you on the right track. Do your idea of a bare bones build outside the case, with adifferent psu. Or, u could even try a cheap graphics card that does not require a connection from the psu. Good luck!

bfxlol

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Hi,

I did a bare bones build outside of the case with my rampage III it booted but same issue as before it wouldn't display anything on monitor

both the cards have Two PCI-E power connectors attached.

Another thing the rampage board Has a Red CPU led turn on when the mobo is on it doesn't go off also.

I will try with the Gigabyte Board now hopefully it will boot this time.

*Edit*

Same issue as before it would boot monumentally for 2-3 seconds then turn off and boot cycle.

Turning to think its the Thermal paste on the heatsync/Cpu or The cpu itself

:(

bfxlol

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
Bump issue still persists.

Waiting for some new thermal paste to get delivered, hopefully that's the issue otherwise the cpu is fried :S.

Any other ideas guys?

thanks.