Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

USB Keyboard, Mouse require drivers?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 14, 2012 12:46:30 AM

I'm gonna build my first computer today. Since I already have a notebook, I noticed that if I connected a new keyboard, Windows searched for drivers. But does a new computer also require the drivers for the keyboard and mouse before installing the OS?
January 14, 2012 12:54:10 AM

Most of the time Windows already has the needed drivers and will just auto install it for you when you plug it in. However in more advanced components such as Razer mechanical keyboards, you have to install drivers from Razer's website.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 12:54:28 AM

Generic drivers are built into the OS that work with nearly all keyboards/mice during the boot/install process. Not to worry.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 14, 2012 12:57:04 AM

mikeangs2004 said:
However in more advanced components such as Razer mechanical keyboards, you have to install drivers from Razer's website.


Well... that's unfortunate -.-

I've got a Razer keyboard. But how am I supposed to get the drivers if I haven't installed the OS yet?
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 1:00:32 AM

I only know about the Black Widow ones as I have that. The keyboard would work partially or not work at all w/o drivers. So if it works partially, just go to the website and install the driver. Otherwise use another keyboard at the same time OR install the driver first and it will prompt you to plug in the keyboard.
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 1:02:52 AM

mikeangs2004 said:
I only know about the Black Widow ones as I have that. The keyboard would work partially or not work at all w/o drivers. So if it works partially, just go to the website and install the driver. Otherwise use another keyboard at the same time OR install the driver first and it will prompt you to plug in the keyboard.



Yeah.. if it works partially if shoud be finde till I installed the drivers and set up the OS. What about the mouse? Mouse should work fine, right?
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 1:04:50 AM

I don't own an advanced gaming mouse but I think they also require a manual driver install as the functions/buttons can be a little complicated. But no, not the generic ones.
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 1:06:26 AM

mikeangs2004 said:
I don't own an advanced gaming mouse but I think they also require a manual driver install as the functions/buttons can be a little complicated. But no, not the generic ones.


DO left and right click work?
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 1:06:51 AM

that's probably the only thing that will work.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 14, 2012 1:55:42 AM

The Razer will work just fine with the generic drivers during setup. After you get Win 7 up and running you can install the Razer drivers to get full functionality.
m
0
l
January 14, 2012 2:10:24 AM

Kay. Thanks ;)  Doubt it's gonna be the biggest problem now o.o

Just found out that i purchased thr 32-bit version instead of the 64-bit version >.> Seems like I gotta run to the electronics shop in the next city :o 
m
0
l
!