Will my windows 7 overheat if running a download for 8 hours

dina_47

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
I am downloading a program that is taking about 8 hours, will my toshiba windows 7 overheat and die on me? Also, do I have to continuously stand by my pc? Please help, as I am doing this now. Thank you.

merandos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
You will be just fine, and if anything goes wrong it will just shutdown....if you are that worry get the core temp and set the overheat protection....but its ok don't be that worried...

dina_47

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Thank you and you are all right on! Only problem was, was my daughter stayed on so it wouldn't shut down, she was up till 5am. Got what she wanted but the next day her xbox fan gave out, so it says on the tv. She can get into netflix but it won't allow her to play any games. She tried to modify a game, took it apart, downloaded and now it says the fan is out. Any suggestions for that? Before, I go out and buy a new one on Tuesday. You are all so great wow, wonderful responses.

dina_47

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

I thought this was the best answer cuz you talked about using a download manager tht supports resuming in case of disconnect....I wasn' aware of sucha download..going to look into it..tks again :wahoo: