Solved

I5-3570k, i7-3770K, or i7-3770S for gaming build?

Hello all,
I'm an inexperienced builder (built my first one a year ago) and am having a hard time picking a CPU to complete my system, which is mainly for gaming and hopefully some video editing (although realistically i dont have a lot of time for video editing because of the gaming). I don't do much overclocking, but might do the research and do a little at some point. I've narrowed it to i5-3570k, i7-3770K, and i7-3770S. which would be best for gaming/everyday use? energy efficiency also matters to me.

MOBO: Sabertooth z77
Memory: Not bough yet, but 16gb likely
GPU: Geforce 670 (possibly sli later)
storage: 1 ssd, 1 hdd
power supply: seasonic x 750 80 plus gold

thanks in advance for all of your help - you all are great!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570k 3770k 3770s gaming build
  1. Core i5- 3570k

Best bang for the buck, use the leftover money to buy CM HyperX Evo and OC it to 4.5 Ghz
  2. Best answer
    Depends how much your budget is. Doing video editing an i7-3770k will be better, but if you're not doing too much video editing and your budget is lower go with the i5-3570k. Also overclocking is nice, just make sure you have an aftermarket CPU cooler that can handle the stress. (A CM hyper 212 plus/evo (evo is better) or if your budget allows a Noctua NH-D14 get one (run about $75-85)
  3. Best answer selected by cjswans.
  4. why i say NO to ivy cpu's updated someone with NH-D14 the same cooler with me teried something i asked him to:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=10&post=340000&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

the test terminated in 10 minutes no way these cpu's can work with heavy load as i predicted.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Intel i7