Plasma or LCD

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
buying one or the other tomorrow.

Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?

Cheers
39 answers Last reply
More about plasma
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    The Don wrote:
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking
    of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    Neither. Get a DLP instead.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    The Don wrote:
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    Realize that plasma consumes more power (not that LCD is light on
    electric either) and is extremely susceptible to burn in.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    The Don wrote:
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    Of those two options...I would go with LCD. Especially if using it for
    gaming.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    I use the Samsung SyncMaster 173MW LCD, after 6 month's it's perfect as the
    day I bought it, I've left GT4 running on it for hours and many X-Box games,
    I also have a PC attached to it and it gives me Pic in Pic with built in TV
    tunner.

    It's been the most used monitor I've ever purchased without a glitch with
    impecible clarity, no visible lines either.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    If you will be playing games on it, STAY AWAY from plasma. They are very
    susceptible to burn in (health meters, status bars, static maps, etc.)
    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In article <xQ88e.3693$0d6.2250@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, "Matt" <mattnews@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
    >Assuming your talking flat-panel LCD vs. Plasma, I'd say NEITHER based on
    >your TV viewing needs. BOTH DVD & XBox (as well as HD TV) will have you
    >watching various aspect ratios for years (actually, forEVER if you prefer
    >movies in their original format). This means BLACK BARS somewhere on the
    >screen with almost everything you watch). Both technologies you've listed
    >(especially the more expensive PLASMA) are susceptible to their own types of
    >burn-in (although burn-OUT would be a more accurate term).

    What kind of burn-in does LCD suffer??

    Anyway, I have LCD-projection. It has its plusses and minuses.
    Good bang for the buck. Nice weight/size/$ compromise. Not the
    greatest black-level or gray-scale. Note it does look different
    than direct view. Compare film-to-screen matte look vs TV/Plasma
    shiny. And, AFAIK, no burn-in issue.

    I can recommend it, but note that each technology has its plusses
    and minuses. So as the above poster said, check out all
    technologies (direct CRT, CRT-projection, plasma, LCD, LCD-proj,
    DLP-proj). For the original poster's query, and depending on the
    size he wants, I too would favor DLP and LCD projection.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    I whole-heartedly agree. I use the Sony Grand WEGA 70" in my front room
    with every game console known to man hooked up to it and it looks
    phoenonemal with all and with NO BURN IN ISSUES.

    "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message

    > The Don wrote:
    >> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    >> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >

    > Of those two options...I would go with LCD. Especially if using it for
    > gaming.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    On 16 Apr 2005 05:35:22 -0700, "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:

    >|The Don wrote:
    >|> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking
    >|of
    >|> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >|>
    >|> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >|>
    >|> Cheers
    >|
    >|Neither. Get a DLP instead.

    Bingo.

    Pluvious
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    The Don wrote:
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    Decide on what size screen you want and that will dictate (more or less)
    whether you get LCD or Plasma.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:14:00 +1000, John <nospam@afp.gov.au> wrote:

    >The Don wrote:
    >> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    >> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >
    >Decide on what size screen you want and that will dictate (more or less)
    > whether you get LCD or Plasma.

    lcd will last longer.
    I prefer the sets with the old style tubes which last many years
    longer than lcd or plasma.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "ko" <ko@l.l> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:14:00 +1000, John <nospam@afp.gov.au> wrote:
    >
    >>The Don wrote:
    >>> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    >>> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>
    >>Decide on what size screen you want and that will dictate (more or less)
    >> whether you get LCD or Plasma.
    >
    > lcd will last longer.
    > I prefer the sets with the old style tubes which last many years
    > longer than lcd or plasma.

    I went to this site before I bought my LCD projection tv. They have a TON
    of info and it's very helpful. I don't get anything for this site, I just
    wanted to share the info.
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com/
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "The Don" wrote:
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.

    Don't. Save money and get a very good CRT.

    --
    /^\damnfine/^\
    "Where is Richard Nixon when we finally need him?"

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    Thanks every one for the advice, I decided to go for the following:

    Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA), because I got such a good deal I also picked
    up a Panasonic surround sound system!!

    Thanks again everyone!!!!
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > I decided to go for the following:
    > Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA)

    I'm keen to buy a new high quality TV. I start a new job on Monday and had
    30 days untaken annual leave which I just had paid out by my old company so
    I'm feeling slightly affluent :)

    What is the price of that model? (RRP is fine, although if you were willing,
    the price you paid would be great to know!). Also, does it have a built-in
    digital TV tuner? How many AV inputs does it have?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message

    > "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    > >
    > > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > Thanks every one for the advice, I decided to go for the following:
    >
    > Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA), because I got such a good deal I also picked
    > up a Panasonic surround sound system!!
    >
    > Thanks again everyone!!!!

    Congratz, sounds good enough, Have fun :)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    http://www.visualapex.com/plasma/Plasma_details.asp?chPartNumber=TH-42PWD7UY&MFR=Panasonic

    Great tv for gaming and DVDs, and a great price.

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message

    > "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    > >
    > > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >

    > Thanks every one for the advice, I decided to go for the following:
    >
    > Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA), because I got such a good deal I also picked
    > up a Panasonic surround sound system!!
    >
    > Thanks again everyone!!!!

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > The Don wrote:
    >> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking
    > of
    >> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >
    > Neither. Get a DLP instead.

    Could you please elaborate? I'm trying to decide myself between an LCD and
    DLP.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "David M. Williams" <ap_dmw@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    >
    >> I decided to go for the following:
    >> Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA)
    >
    > I'm keen to buy a new high quality TV. I start a new job on Monday and had
    > 30 days untaken annual leave which I just had paid out by my old company
    > so I'm feeling slightly affluent :)
    >
    > What is the price of that model? (RRP is fine, although if you were
    > willing, the price you paid would be great to know!). Also, does it have a
    > built-in digital TV tuner? How many AV inputs does it have?

    RRP is listed as $4,999 (Ausutralian), discounted to $4,499, I paid $3970.

    It has around 4-5 AV points inlucing two PC Ports.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.visualapex.com/plasma/Plasma_details.asp?chPartNumber=TH-42PWD7UY&MFR=Panasonic
    >
    > Great tv for gaming and DVDs, and a great price.

    What about burn in, most of my investigations when buying a TV indiacted
    that I should navoid Plasmas for that very reason.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > "Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    http://www.visualapex.com/plasma/Plasma_details.asp?chPartNumber=TH-42PWD7UY&MFR=Panasonic

    > > Great tv for gaming and DVDs, and a great price.
    > >

    > What about burn in, most of my investigations when buying a TV indiacted
    > that I should navoid Plasmas for that very reason.

    Had mine for 2 years. Not a hint of burn-in.

    Skye
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > "David M. Williams" <ap_dmw@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    >> "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I decided to go for the following:
    >>> Hitachi 32" LCD (32LD7800TA)
    >>
    >> I'm keen to buy a new high quality TV. I start a new job on Monday and
    >> had 30 days untaken annual leave which I just had paid out by my old
    >> company so I'm feeling slightly affluent :)
    >>
    >> What is the price of that model? (RRP is fine, although if you were
    >> willing, the price you paid would be great to know!). Also, does it have
    >> a built-in digital TV tuner? How many AV inputs does it have?
    >>

    > RRP is listed as $4,999 (Ausutralian), discounted to $4,499, I paid $3970.
    >
    > It has around 4-5 AV points inlucing two PC Ports.

    Hers the link to what I got:

    http://www.hitachi.com.au/hitachi/content/template_products.asp?ID=1672#
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    I have or had a Samsung 61" DLP, 62" Toshiba DLP, 65" Toshiba RPTV, 50"
    Pioneer Plasma, 26" Sharp LCD, 32" Sanyo CRT HDTV, 36" Toshiba CRT HDTV and
    a Sony 36" CRT HDTV....which one was the best for xbox games? The Sony 36"
    CRT HDTV...hands down IMO. Best bang for your buck!

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    Have you seen this burn in dan? I ask because I was told I would get burn in
    on my 65" RPTV and after 5 years and 1000's of gaming hours I have nada. No
    burn in...I play lots of sports games too.

    "Dan" <mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote in message
    > If you will be playing games on it, STAY AWAY from plasma. They are very
    > susceptible to burn in (health meters, status bars, static maps, etc.)
    > "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    > >
    > > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    > >
    > > Cheers

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

    dlp.

    never wears out. great black levels. no burn in.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "Mark" <david_s_92@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Don wrote:
    >>> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking
    >> of
    >>> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>
    >> Neither. Get a DLP instead.
    >>

    > Could you please elaborate? I'm trying to decide myself between an LCD and
    > DLP.

    dlp has much deeper blacks, won't wear out, and won't burn in. also no
    screen door effect, and no stuck colored pixels.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    I also have a RP crt which I use for gaming. From what I've read, it seems
    that plasma tv's are the most susceptible to burn in, more so than rp crt.
    "The Don" <the_don@home.com.au> wrote in message
    > Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking of
    > buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >
    > Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >
    > Cheers

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:16:10 -0700, "Mark" <david_s_92@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Don wrote:
    >>> Anyone got some recommondations and opinions to back it up, thinking
    >> of
    >>> buying one or the other tomorrow.
    >>>
    >>> Mainly used for DVD and Xbox Games?
    >>>
    >>> Cheers
    >>
    >> Neither. Get a DLP instead.
    >>

    >Could you please elaborate? I'm trying to decide myself between an LCD and
    >DLP.

    Both LCD's and DLP's have advantages and drawbacks. The best thing is
    to do some research and ultimately let your eyes be the judge.

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/ is an excellent resource.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Pluvious <Pluvious@knowhere.com> wrote:

    > >|Neither. Get a DLP instead.

    > Bingo.

    Bleah. DLPs always look blue to me - especially the whites. I can see
    the color separation between the purple, green, red.

    Plasma sets look fuzzy to me.

    CRT is just too big, bulky, and need professional adjusting.

    LCD may be more expensive, but that's the technology I've been looking at.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > dlp has much deeper blacks, won't wear out, and won't burn in. also no
    > screen door effect, and no stuck colored pixels.

    All true. However, I (and some others) don't like the way white or other
    light colors are rendered with DLP. If I move my eyes rapidly across a
    DLP screen, the whites "break" into bands of red, blue and green -
    which is a bit distracting. Even if I don't move my eyes around, DLP's
    "white" looks sort of bluish to me anyways.

    LCD has excellent color reproduction, won't burn in, but does suffer from
    "screen door" (you can see the individual pixels) if you are close to the
    screen.

    Before you go shopping, have some idea about how far from the screen you
    will be sitting, as well as how large of a viewing angle you'll need.
    When you get to the store, try to stand about as far from the screen as
    your couch would be, and walk around the screen a bit to see how clear the
    picture remains. Some older sets, especially rear-projection sets, had
    smaller viewing angles - meaning if you were too far to the left or the
    right, the picture would be distorted. Most sets have a pretty good
    viewing angle now, but you should still keep this in mind since not
    everyone may be sitting front & center.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message
    > In alt.games.video.xbox Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> dlp has much deeper blacks, won't wear out, and won't burn in. also no
    >> screen door effect, and no stuck colored pixels.
    >
    > All true. However, I (and some others) don't like the way white or other
    > light colors are rendered with DLP. If I move my eyes rapidly across a
    > DLP screen, the whites "break" into bands of red, blue and green -
    > which is a bit distracting. Even if I don't move my eyes around, DLP's
    > "white" looks sort of bluish to me anyways.
    >
    > LCD has excellent color reproduction, won't burn in, but does suffer from
    > "screen door" (you can see the individual pixels) if you are close to the
    > screen.
    >
    > Before you go shopping, have some idea about how far from the screen you
    > will be sitting, as well as how large of a viewing angle you'll need.
    > When you get to the store, try to stand about as far from the screen as
    > your couch would be, and walk around the screen a bit to see how clear the
    > picture remains. Some older sets, especially rear-projection sets, had
    > smaller viewing angles - meaning if you were too far to the left or the
    > right, the picture would be distorted. Most sets have a pretty good
    > viewing angle now, but you should still keep this in mind since not
    > everyone may be sitting front & center.

    ah...you are one of the few who sees the "rainbows". I'm one of the
    lucky(?) ones that don't. I haven't noticed any bluish tinge to whites, but
    I haven't run any calibration tests either. everything I've seen so far
    looks normal. there is a setting (at least on my set) for color
    temperature. that may help the tint, but probably not the rainbows.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > ah...you are one of the few who sees the "rainbows". I'm one of the
    > lucky(?) ones that don't. I haven't noticed any bluish tinge to whites, but
    > I haven't run any calibration tests either. everything I've seen so far
    > looks normal. there is a setting (at least on my set) for color
    > temperature. that may help the tint, but probably not the rainbows.

    Yes, I'm aware that bluish tinged whites can fixed by adjusting the set,
    but that won't fully solve the rainbow problem (though it'd certainly help
    minimize it.) This brings up another point - be aware that the sets in
    the stores are NOT calibrated properly (if at all.) Most sets have their
    contrast and brightness settings cranked way up in the factory, not to
    mention the fact that most sales clerks barely know how to turn on a
    display, much less configure it properly... The exception to this is if
    you go to a AV boutique, but then, you can expect to pay a bit more. But
    at least the clerks tend to be knowledgeable, and are willing to help you
    find the right set for your needs, as opposed to just trying to get you to
    buy the store's extended warranty every 30 seconds.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    GridIronGhost wrote:
    > I have or had a Samsung 61" DLP, 62" Toshiba DLP, 65" Toshiba RPTV, 50"
    > Pioneer Plasma, 26" Sharp LCD, 32" Sanyo CRT HDTV, 36" Toshiba CRT HDTV and
    > a Sony 36" CRT HDTV....which one was the best for xbox games? The Sony 36"
    > CRT HDTV...hands down IMO. Best bang for your buck!

    you go through tvs like underwear. What gives?
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    "theOne" <theOneOne@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
    > GridIronGhost wrote:
    >> I have or had a Samsung 61" DLP, 62" Toshiba DLP, 65" Toshiba RPTV, 50"
    >> Pioneer Plasma, 26" Sharp LCD, 32" Sanyo CRT HDTV, 36" Toshiba CRT HDTV
    >> and
    >> a Sony 36" CRT HDTV....which one was the best for xbox games? The Sony
    >> 36"
    >> CRT HDTV...hands down IMO. Best bang for your buck!
    >>

    > you go through tvs like underwear. What gives?

    sounds like a Ninja Gaiden/controller throwing issue
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > > Bingo.
    >
    > Bleah. DLPs always look blue to me - especially the whites. I can see
    > the color separation between the purple, green, red.
    >
    > Plasma sets look fuzzy to me.
    >
    > CRT is just too big, bulky, and need professional adjusting.
    >
    > LCD may be more expensive, but that's the technology I've been looking at.

    With LCD you deal with lamp life and the fact that the color black is
    generally far worse that what you get with DLP.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > "Doug Jacobs" <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com> wrote in message

    >> > Bingo.
    >>
    >> Bleah. DLPs always look blue to me - especially the whites. I can see
    >> the color separation between the purple, green, red.
    >>
    >> Plasma sets look fuzzy to me.
    >>
    >> CRT is just too big, bulky, and need professional adjusting.
    >>
    >> LCD may be more expensive, but that's the technology I've been looking
    >> at.
    >
    > With LCD you deal with lamp life and the fact that the color black is
    > generally far worse that what you get with DLP.

    still have to replace lamps with DLP, but DLPs don't deteriorate with age.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Skye <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > > LCD may be more expensive, but that's the technology I've been looking at.

    > With LCD you deal with lamp life and the fact that the color black is
    > generally far worse that what you get with DLP.

    True. But after weighing the options, I think it's the best choice for
    me. I know there's a few other oddball technologies out there, but they
    aren't very widespread and tend to be more expensive due to them being
    proprietary.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > still have to replace lamps with DLP, but DLPs don't deteriorate with age.

    I didn't think LCDs did either?
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox GridIronGhost <GridIronGhost@hotmale.com> wrote:
    > I have or had a Samsung 61" DLP, 62" Toshiba DLP, 65" Toshiba RPTV, 50"
    > Pioneer Plasma, 26" Sharp LCD, 32" Sanyo CRT HDTV, 36" Toshiba CRT HDTV and
    > a Sony 36" CRT HDTV....which one was the best for xbox games? The Sony 36"
    > CRT HDTV...hands down IMO. Best bang for your buck!

    Direct view CRTs win hands down for viewing angle, picture quality, color
    reproduction, brightness and price - BUT are heavy, large, and aren't
    found in sizes in excess of 36". I'm looking at something in the 55-65"
    range. I don't like RP-CRTs due to their finickiness (I really don't want
    to have to have a technician come in every few years to twiddle with the
    mirrors...)

    But if you're looking for a <40" screen, direct view CRT should be one of
    your considerations.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,aus.dvd (More info?)

    > In alt.games.video.xbox Khee Mao <big_bad_buddha_daddy@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > still have to replace lamps with DLP, but DLPs don't deteriorate with
    age.

    > I didn't think LCDs did either?

    Yep, they do. Just get one that has a lamp life in the range of 20,000+
    hours.

Console Gaming DVD LCD Games Xbox Video Games