Custom Desktop Color Scheme

In NT 4.0 it was very easy to create a custom color scheme and save it and
switch between various colour schemes that were created or came bundled with
NT. However when trying to create a color scheme in XP, I am unable to find
the means to save the color scheme. Is it imposible to create your own
desktop color scheme and save it so that it reappears when you reopen
windows? Any insights would be available. I'm running Windows XP SP1.
Bob

Click Save As.
6. In the Save As dialog box, type a name for your new theme, and then click
Save.
7. Click OK.

[[When you customize and create new themes, save your changes with a new
theme name. If you do not do this, the changes are lost when you select a
different theme. ]]

[[Click to save your current theme with a new name. You will be prompted to
type a name for the theme.
The features that are saved as part of your theme include the following

Control Panel Tab Item
Display Desktop Background, Position, Color
Display Desktop Icons (click Customize Desktop to change icons)
Display Screen Saver Screen saver
Display Appearance Windows and buttons, Color scheme, Font size
Display Appearance All features on the Advanced Appearance dialog box (click
Advanced)
Mouse Pointers Scheme or individual pointers
Sounds and Audio Devices Sounds Sound schemes and individual program
events]]

[[If you modify a predefined theme by changing any individual feature of the
theme, it automatically becomes a custom theme.]]

How to configure Desktop Themes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes