Homebuilt Racing Chair

bigbasedrum

Honorable
Mar 23, 2012
Hey guys,
I recently bought a new 27" screen. This was great except for one small detail, it didn't fit on my computer desk! So being a fan of racing games and having a mechanically able father, we decided to build a custom racing chair rig for my pc. With a bit of searching on the internet I found a commercial rig whose design I like. Using the picture as a sort of blueprint we set to work building. With just a weekends work we finished it. The final cost of the rig was around $130 while the commercial rig cost around $400! This rig is awesome and works great as I'm free to add new stuff if I see the need. However I was thinking about adding vibration motors in the seat to give that extra bit of realism. I thought maybe they could work basically with the FFB. Any suggestions on how to do this? Is it even possible? :D

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Eh. I guess you could find some peice of hardware that vibrates and gets more violent the longer a button is pressed, and when it's let go, it quickly stops.

Haven't the faintest idea on how to do it or where to get the parts.

Me? I'd jack up the sound and bass so loud that everything will vibrate when you get up to speed :3