Nokia 7200, O2 & SMS Delivery reports?

Does anyone here have a 7200 on O2?

I have set up the delivery reports to yes yet when I send a message, I do
not get a report. Is this a network dependent issue?

Soupladel
7 answers Last reply
More about nokia 7200 delivery reports

    "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone here have a 7200 on O2?
    >
    > I have set up the delivery reports to yes yet when I send a message, I
    do
    > not get a report. Is this a network dependent issue?
    >
    > Soupladel

    O2 for some reason best known to themselves do not send delivery reports
    in this way. If you prefix the text in your message with *0# you'll get a
    message back.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone here have a 7200 on O2?
    >>
    >> I have set up the delivery reports to yes yet when I send a message,
    >> I do not get a report. Is this a network dependent issue?
    >>
    >> Soupladel
    >
    > O2 for some reason best known to themselves do not send delivery
    > reports in this way. If you prefix the text in your message with *0#
    > you'll get a message back.
    >
    > Ivor

    I am really starting to regret setting up a contract with O2!

    With that on top of all the problems that i have had (and am still having)
    with getting my MMS and GPRS set up, this is starting to look more and more
    like a bad idea!

    Soupladel

    "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > I am really starting to regret setting up a contract with O2!
    >
    > With that on top of all the problems that i have had (and am still having)
    > with getting my MMS and GPRS set up, this is starting to look more and
    more
    > like a bad idea!

    I got my Nokia 7200 setup with no problems whatsoever....eventually!

    If you are still have problems then try here
    http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54551,00.html

    Worked a treat for me as O2 support were a shower of ####

    Gazza...

    "~::~Moviesuk~::~" <opps@invaild!.com> wrote in message

    > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    > > I am really starting to regret setting up a contract with O2!
    > >
    > > With that on top of all the problems that i have had (and am still
    having)
    > > with getting my MMS and GPRS set up, this is starting to look more and
    > more
    > > like a bad idea!
    >
    > I got my Nokia 7200 setup with no problems whatsoever....eventually!
    >
    > If you are still have problems then try here
    > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54551,00.html
    >
    > Worked a treat for me as O2 support were a shower of ####
    >
    > Gazza...

    The problem isn't with the setting in the phone but rather the fact that O2
    have provisioned me for the completely wrong type of GPRS.

    They have set me up for mobile web (as in connecting to a laptop) as opposed
    to WAP GPRS, hence the reason that neither the MMS or GPRS are working.

    I have to now wait till tuesday till their system are back up after the
    easter break before I can get anything done about it!

    Soupladel
    Soupladel

    > "~::~Moviesuk~::~" <opps@invaild!.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > I am really starting to regret setting up a contract with O2!
    > > >
    > > > With that on top of all the problems that i have had (and am still
    > having)
    > > > with getting my MMS and GPRS set up, this is starting to look more
    and
    > > more
    > > > like a bad idea!
    > >
    > > I got my Nokia 7200 setup with no problems whatsoever....eventually!
    > >
    > > If you are still have problems then try here
    > > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54551,00.html
    > >
    > > Worked a treat for me as O2 support were a shower of ####
    > >
    > > Gazza...
    > >

    > The problem isn't with the setting in the phone but rather the fact that
    O2
    > have provisioned me for the completely wrong type of GPRS.
    >
    > They have set me up for mobile web (as in connecting to a laptop) as
    opposed
    > to WAP GPRS, hence the reason that neither the MMS or GPRS are working.
    >
    > I have to now wait till tuesday till their system are back up after the
    > easter break before I can get anything done about it!
    >
    > Soupladel

    What's that got to do with SMS delivery reports..?

    Ivor

    "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "~::~Moviesuk~::~" <opps@invaild!.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > I am really starting to regret setting up a contract with O2!
    > > >
    > > > With that on top of all the problems that i have had (and am still
    > having)
    > > > with getting my MMS and GPRS set up, this is starting to look more and
    > > more
    > > > like a bad idea!
    > >
    > > I got my Nokia 7200 setup with no problems whatsoever....eventually!
    > >
    > > If you are still have problems then try here
    > > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54551,00.html
    > >
    > > Worked a treat for me as O2 support were a shower of ####
    > >
    > > Gazza...
    > >

    > The problem isn't with the setting in the phone but rather the fact that
    O2
    > have provisioned me for the completely wrong type of GPRS.
    >
    > They have set me up for mobile web (as in connecting to a laptop) as
    opposed
    > to WAP GPRS, hence the reason that neither the MMS or GPRS are working.
    >
    > I have to now wait till tuesday till their system are back up after the
    > easter break before I can get anything done about it!
    >
    > Soupladel
    > Soupladel

    both access points are normally configured on your account at the same time,
    oh well, give it till tuesday

    "Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

    > "Soupladel" <soupladelspam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "~::~Moviesuk~::~" <opps@invaild!.com> wrote in message

    > > having)
    > and
    > > > more
    > > >
    > > > I got my Nokia 7200 setup with no problems whatsoever....eventually!
    > > >
    > > > If you are still have problems then try here
    > > > http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,54551,00.html
    > > >
    > > > Worked a treat for me as O2 support were a shower of ####
    > > >
    > > > Gazza...
    > > >

    > > The problem isn't with the setting in the phone but rather the fact that
    > O2
    > > have provisioned me for the completely wrong type of GPRS.
    > >
    > > They have set me up for mobile web (as in connecting to a laptop) as
    > opposed
    > > to WAP GPRS, hence the reason that neither the MMS or GPRS are working.
    > >
    > > I have to now wait till tuesday till their system are back up after the
    > > easter break before I can get anything done about it!
    > >
    > > Soupladel
    >
    > What's that got to do with SMS delivery reports..?
    >
    > Ivor

    Absolutely nothing!

    The link posted by "~::~Moviesuk~::~" was in reference to the comment in my
    original post about GPRS and MMS.

    Soupladel

Nokia