Trouble Reading DVD Discs.

I have 2 DVD drives, a DVD-Rom and a DVD+/-RW. Some discs will work on one
drive and wont work the other. (the drive being random). I have tried using
the disc on other people's computer and they work fine. I dont know what
could have caused this problem, could it be that I uninstalled the Easy CD
Creator software a few weeks back.

I also have another problem with the drives, when I place any type of disc
into either my DVD-Rom/DVDRW/CDRW drives, the disc label wont change. Is
there something I can do to fix this as well?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble reading discs

    Incorrect Contents Are Displayed in Windows Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314939

    How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD/CD-R/CD-RW, and DVD
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

    You Cannot View the Files on a Disc After You Replace a CD-R or CD-RW Drive

    with a DVD or CD-ROM Drive
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q311455

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308012

    Resources for troubleshooting DVD problems in Windows XP

    CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or Code
    39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

    "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have 2 DVD drives, a DVD-Rom and a DVD+/-RW. Some discs will work on one
    > drive and wont work the other. (the drive being random). I have tried using
    > the disc on other people's computer and they work fine. I dont know what
    > could have caused this problem, could it be that I uninstalled the Easy CD
    > Creator software a few weeks back.
    >
    > I also have another problem with the drives, when I place any type of disc
    > into either my DVD-Rom/DVDRW/CDRW drives, the disc label wont change. Is
    > there something I can do to fix this as well?
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration Customization DVD Drives Windows XP