Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PSU HCG-620M 10 pin modular connector

Last response: in Components
July 14, 2012 9:04:00 PM

The 10 pin modular connectors out of the PSU are labeled PCI-E/HDD. I was told by Antec that this means that this connector can power SATA drives , etc.

I measured the voltages coming up of the connectors and it is true. There are 3.3V, 5V, 12V pins.

Antec sent me this cable saying that this is how you get power to extra SATA drives
http://store.antec.com/Product/accessory-spare_parts/sp...
The description on this cable does not support my power supply but Antec tiold me that i should order this one.

However, this cable does seem to plug into the 10 pin easily (you need to force it to plug it to match the keys) and more important the voltages out of the PSU do not go to the right pins on the SATA drive.

Does anyone know which adapter to use for this special 10 pin modular connector?
Of course, I know I can re-wire the PCI-E 6 pin but I still feel that you can't plug this 2 connectors together.

thanks

July 15, 2012 1:58:37 PM

Looks like the way to make that cable work is to cut the clip off and position it to the right side of the 10 pin header
On the TP the clip slot on the casing was widened to allow for either a 6 or 8 pin connector, shame they didn't do that with the HCG-M
m
l
July 15, 2012 5:56:42 PM

delluser1 said:
Looks like the way to make that cable work is to cut the clip off and position it to the right side of the 10 pin header
On the TP the clip slot on the casing was widened to allow for either a 6 or 8 pin connector, shame they didn't do that with the HCG-M

I thought of that, but the only way this will work is if you also re-arrange the pinout on the 6 pin connector on the cable. No matter how you plug the PCI-6pin into the PSU 10-pin the voltages would not line-up correctly for the SATA drives.

I wonder what is the part number of the female version of the 10-pin PSU connector so I can just put that on the cable that Antec sent me.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 15, 2012 6:11:46 PM

vlsi99 said:
I thought of that, but the only way this will work is if you also re-arrange the pinout on the 6 pin connector on the cable. No matter how you plug the PCI-6pin into the PSU 10-pin the voltages would not line-up correctly for the SATA drives.

I wonder what is the part number of the female version of the 10-pin PSU connector so I can just put that on the cable that Antec sent me.

http://www.moddiy.com/products/Seasonic-Modular-Power-S...
July 24, 2012 2:46:16 AM

Best answer selected by vlsi99.
m
l
!