GTX 570- MSI TF III or ASUS CUII

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsy

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I'm in dilemma to choose which is the best for my mobo (EVGA x58 ftw SLI3)..
can someone tell me what are the pros and cons?
1. I read a lot about ASUS GTX 570 CUI(since i was thinking of getting this card at the first place coz its cheaper) but I heard about the problem occurs when they SLI it with another 'huge' ASUS GTX 570 (upper card hotter than lower card because there is small space gap)so Im thinking of getting MSI GTX 570 which is smaller in comparison. But still don't know which to choose..
2. or another choice is to SLI both cards like
a) MSI GTX 570 TFIII+ASUS CUII <----- is it possible??
b) MSI GTX+MSI GTX
c) ASUS CUII+ASUS CUII
which one is better??

Please Help..

my system:
mobo- EVGA x58 ftw SLI3
processor- intel i7-930
memory- ddr3 6gb
psu- 600w

Thanks in advance!

Solution

you posted this in response to me saying that the ASUS DC2s have zero heat problems so im not sure how it even applies in the first place... anywho

in regards to what you are saying above, im well aware buddy. I never said that the PSU would be insufficient ... That is as long as its a quality unit of course... if its not then throw it in the trash!@

I...

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
using the same card in sli is usually better but not absolutely necessary. Different clock and memory speeds can mess things up. It could also increase micro-stutter. Also, why?

Also if either card has a heat problem because it's too close to the top one, just move it to the third slot on your mobo. The x8 won't make a difference.

As to which card, I'd say the twIII is better. Neither is worth it if u dont oc though, because both of those cards are made to oc. So unless you plan on overclocking, just grab a more standard 570. maybe one made for silence.

What res are you playing at? Unless you're on and eyefinity setup, you might want to look at the 7970. If you're buying one card at a time, then the 570 looks good.

And that PSU, nope, ain't quite gonna cut it for sli.

I have 2 asus dc2 gtx 560ti in SLi here (check sig), not a single problem, the top card will always be hotter but these things stay very cool and overclock like champs! Either pick will be great imo but I am partial to ASUS's cooler design and have heard nothing but great things about it the TF3 as well...

what is the make and model of your psu?, you certainly need a bigger quality unit for 570 in sli maybe a nice seasonic 850W unit...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151100

that is an absolutley smoking deal and will cover you for SLi and some serious overclocking...

for SLi, do yourself a favor and buy identical cards with identical bioses whichever you choose...

@slicedtoad why do you list your res at 1080X1920? that would literally be a vertical 1080p monitor, wouldn't it!?

gibsy

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

ouh thanks, im thinking to have a best sli combination so that I will not regret of buying either one... But for this time, just want to grab 1 and run on a single gpu, but planning to sli them... So, I will go with TFIII though??

gibsy

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

@slicedtoad im running at 1920x1080 monitor

hmm, that's cool...yeah, im just damn interested with 570 asus cuII but, I'm worried for the heating problems when it comes to overclocking(heard them a lot)..as for the psu, thanks for the suggestion and planning to buy new psu

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011

As long as it's a decent psu, the 600W psu will be fine for one gpu, just not two. If you want some evidence look at the previous (one before last) system builder marathon, $1000. They put two 460s on a 600W. 460s have about 200W of power draw, each. The 570 has 219W.

It all depends on the quality of the psu (and it's 12v amperage) though, so what psu are you using?

you posted this in response to me saying that the ASUS DC2s have zero heat problems so im not sure how it even applies in the first place... anywho

in regards to what you are saying above, im well aware buddy. I never said that the PSU would be insufficient ... That is as long as its a quality unit of course... if its not then throw it in the trash!@

I run similar but more demanding components in my own rig!
look at my sig I run sli'ed gtx 560ti and an oc'ed i52500k with an xfx 650W, everything is absolutely fine. I'm just trying to justify and at the same time I'm kind of scratching my head with your comment in the post above. Also I feel that I have demonstrated to you how I understand psu requirements of dual and single cards from personal experience.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.