Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone read these 3dmark11 scores?

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
April 1, 2012 5:03:56 AM

I just built a new system, i5 2400, radeon 6870, 8gb gskill ram etc. Here are my scores, it says basically they suck. Do they, can anyone explain on how its so low? I can Cinebench and it was around 5.05 for the cpu and 51.6 FPS I think.

This link should work
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3090414;jsessionid=1ooxgdpu6eqzm1e7f07ftrxqxq

More about : read 3dmark11 scores

April 1, 2012 5:28:21 AM

I agree, those scores look pretty horrible to me.

The RAM shouldn't be at 667 mhz, and the video card core clock should be more like 800 mhz, I think.

Are you sure you installed the processor heat sink correctly?
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:41:26 AM

i compared them directly to the highest scored person with your system who doesnt overclock and your the same as him/her. so your system is running fine.

btw your ram should be at 667. as its DDR (Double Data Rate) 667=1333. which is most likely what you have.

if your processor heat sink was installed incorrectly you would have stability problems not performance problems.
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2012 5:43:14 AM

Yeah AFAIK the heatsink is installed. Its the stock cooler. Its just press and it clicks in. How would the heat sink effect the scores? The CPU doesnt get hot really.

How can I change the ram to what it should be and the Video card clock?
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:43:57 AM

Raiddinn said:
I agree, those scores look pretty horrible to me.

The RAM shouldn't be at 667 mhz, and the video card core clock should be more like 800 mhz, I think.

Are you sure you installed the processor heat sink correctly?

RAM looks fine to me. DDR3 1333 RAM runs at 667mhz per stick.

As for the GPU, that's where there's a problem. Download Catalyst 12.3. Also, are you getting enough power to it?
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:50:43 AM

How can I check to see what version I have? and How can I see if there is enough power to it? Im running a 630w PSU. its 80 cert.
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:51:53 AM

edited: I have 12.3 version. And if you guys can help me get it nailed down tonight, Id appreciate it!
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:56:34 AM

I did find this.. it does say 100mhz here too but the slider is higher at around 800

m
l
April 1, 2012 6:11:09 AM

i guess i wasn't clear enough before.

YOUR COMPUTER RUNS FINE

you dont have any problems other than excessively high standards. you can only do two things to make it faster at this point. overclock or upgrade.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:11:37 AM

Looks to be good to go. I ran cinebench and had the Catalyst overlaid to watch the clock speed and you can see it went to 900. 100mhz must be at idle

m
l
April 1, 2012 6:13:09 AM

What is it that makes you think that your CPU isn't getting that hot? Just wondering.

Also, what case do you have? What is the maker and model of your 630w PSU? How many fans do you have and how are they oriented?
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:16:43 AM

farrengottu said:
i guess i wasn't clear enough before.

YOUR COMPUTER RUNS FINE

you dont have any problems other than excessively high standards. you can only do two things to make it faster at this point. overclock or upgrade.

haha thanks. I just built this PC guess it wasnt a good build, well should be enough for me. Would it be worth it to run the GPU at 1000mhz and run the memory maxxed out at 1250mb at all times? Or just turn it up during gaming?
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:20:28 AM

Not all cards can take being maxxed out. Of those that can, many can't do it for long periods of time at load.

Maxxing the slider bars is a good way to burn out your video card quicker, in any event.

If you are going to do some massive video card OCing, I would suggest moving each bar only 10 at a time. When you start experiencing weird problems, you only have to scale backwards one step and you can stay there.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:22:50 AM

Raiddinn said:
What is it that makes you think that your CPU isn't getting that hot? Just wondering.

Also, what case do you have? What is the maker and model of your 630w PSU? How many fans do you have and how are they oriented?

Im running coreCPU and speedfan. I have an antec 300 with the upper fan exhausting, rear fan exhaust and an intake in the bottom front. MB is 78f and the CPU is at 109 max temp while running the cinebench CPU test. It actually scored 3.63 pts seems low. but might be normal. But keep in mind I have 3 tabs opened under firefox, firewall, Anti virus, mallwre bytes and whatever else is running.

I also forgot Im downloading a game via Origin too. So my cores are a little bit above or below: core 0 110f at 40%, core 1 106f 22%, core 2 100f 23%, core 3 100f 25%
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:24:13 AM

Raiddinn said:
Not all cards can take being maxxed out. Of those that can, many can't do it for long periods of time at load.

Maxxing the slider bars is a good way to burn out your video card quicker, in any event.

If you are going to do some massive video card OCing, I would suggest moving each bar only 10 at a time. When you start experiencing weird problems, you only have to scale backwards one step and you can stay there.

Thanks man. Stock setting is 900mhz and memory at 1050.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:31:47 AM

If your processor is hitting 109c then that is a serious problem. If it is 109F then there is nothing wrong with that.

If you are sure those temps you are reading are in F, then there is nothing to worry about. If you aren't sure, then you might want to double check.

Processors that get to 100+C scale way back in their performance to try to get a handle on their temperatures.

I originally asked that question, because that is one problem that can easily make you fall behind other computers with similar specs.

If the processor cooler is attached even a tiny bit incorrectly it can have horrible effects on the computer's performance.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:32:42 AM

Im 100% sure they are in Fahrenheit. Maybe the pad of thermal stuff on the stock cooler isnt 100% broken in yet. Today is the first day Ive been on it for a few hours. before that was to just test it for around 10 mins or so. Also being that you said that can cause me to fall behind on PCs with similar specs? Is mine falling behind? Or is it where it should be? Would it be worth installing a new CPU cooler that is bigger?

edited: aS you can see a few posts up my cores weer around 30-25% usage and around 110 degrees F, after the game has finished downloading the temps are 86-90F and usage percents are between 3-8%
m
l
April 1, 2012 7:03:33 AM

Whats normal temp for the 6870? I played a quick match of crysis with the d11 mod and the 6870 was at 120f.
m
l
April 1, 2012 7:28:48 AM

Video cards can handle a lot more heat than processors can. 120F isn't that bad. They can probably even run at 120c without melting, although I think that would be pushing it and I wouldn't advise people to run one that hot.
m
l
April 1, 2012 7:35:56 AM

Thanks for the help raiddinn. Guess my specs/results are normal for what I have.
m
l
April 1, 2012 7:38:29 AM

Why not just play some games and compare FPS scores to others with the same processor and video card?

There should be plenty of that kinda info out there. People love to compare their computers to each other.
m
l
April 1, 2012 9:20:50 PM

Should use programs that detect temps in Celcius, usually thats the measurement system used for tMax (Max temps of chips).
m
l
!