Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best PC headset $80-$150

Last response: in Components
July 14, 2012 10:59:35 PM

I would like to know what is the best gaming PC headset that is in between $80 and $150. I dont have a sound card and my motherboard is an Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. I would prefer not having to buy a good sound card to go with my headset. So i pretty much prefer headsets with built in sound cards. I prefer wireless but i dont care if its wired.
Thanks in advance:D 

More about : headset 150

July 15, 2012 12:56:19 AM

Recently traded in my sennheiser pc350 headset for the logitech g930 >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
And to date, they're the best headset I've used, after trying altec lansing, plantronics, sennhiesser and other logitech headsets. Although they're not for everyone, I thoroughly recommend them. Being wireless, the may be a tad heavy for some but I get approx 10-12 hours use before they start beeping that they need a recharge. My only 'niggle' with them is they can't be used while recharging. Hope this helps and good luck.

Edit: Have also read some very good reviews regarding turtle beach headsets, but have no personal knowledge of them.
m
l
July 15, 2012 10:02:36 PM

thanks, Is the g930 the same as the G35 except its wireless? Also what do you think of the new Corsair Vengeance 2000 wireless headset which can be used while charging. How are the drivers on the G930
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 15, 2012 10:42:24 PM

Yeah, pretty much the same. Not really alot of difference between the 2. But from what I've been able to discover, some claim the G930 is a little lighter in weight than the G35 (surprisingly) but the difference is negligible. I've had no problems with the drivers yet (touch wood) and they've been the best I've used that have good game sound, positional audio, and music reproduction. I bought the sennheiser pc350's thinking they would be good for both, and although the game sounds were first rate, I was terribly dissapointed in the music reproduction (which surprised the heck out of me, considering sennheisers' rep with music reproduction)
As for the Corsair Vengeance 2000, I am unfamiliar with them, but a quick look over their specs show that they're not too different, similar range, battery life, etc. However, that said, there can be a huge difference between how headsets are spec'd and user satisfaction. My best advice is to call in to your local shop and try them out. The G930s' aren't for everyone, some people hate them, others love them. After my experience with the pc350's I will never buy a headset that I cannot try out in store.
Hope this helps, good luck.
July 15, 2012 10:48:39 PM

a little black duck said:
Yeah, pretty much the same. Not really alot of difference between the 2. But from what I've been able to discover, some claim the G930 is a little lighter in weight than the G35 (surprisingly) but the difference is negligible. I've had no problems with the drivers yet (touch wood) and they've been the best I've used that have good game sound, positional audio, and music reproduction. I bought the sennheiser pc350's thinking they would be good for both, and although the game sounds were first rate, I was terribly dissapointed in the music reproduction (which surprised the heck out of me, considering sennheisers' rep with music reproduction)
As for the Corsair Vengeance 2000, I am unfamiliar with them, but a quick look over their specs show that they're not too different, similar range, battery life, etc. However, that said, there can be a huge difference between how headsets are spec'd and user satisfaction. My best advice is to call in to your local shop and try them out. The G930s' aren't for everyone, some people hate them, others love them. After my experience with the pc350's I will never buy a headset that I cannot try out in store.
Hope this helps, good luck.

Thx, I dont really care about wireless so I think im going to try out the Vengeance 1500's at a store because they are pretty cheap and have better audio quality than the G35 but the BASS isnt that great. What do you think?
m
l
July 15, 2012 11:05:46 PM

battoot said:
Thx, I dont really care about wireless so I think im going to try out the Vengeance 1500's at a store because they are pretty cheap and have better audio quality than the G35 but the BASS isnt that great. What do you think?

I used to think the same thing about w/less, until I actually used them. Now there's no way I'd go back to being tied to a cable. As for the bass, I believe it's quite important. Without good bass reproduction, music sounds like it's coming from a cheap transistor radio, and explosions and gunfire in games sound like cap guns and bursting balloons. That's just my opinion though. Good peripherals will often outlast your rig, if looked after, so why skimp?
m
l
July 16, 2012 1:13:05 PM

Best answer selected by battoot.
m
l
August 21, 2012 5:38:37 PM

Just a quick note if you read some of the reviews for the vengeance 2000 they dont seem to be able to get the drivers to produce the 5.1 or 7.1 surround on certain games the 1500s do almost all games tested cant remember exact review but it was enough to stop me buying them. will post link when i find it.
m
l
!