Sign in with
Your question

Need advice on my new $1000+ build.

Last response: in Systems
April 1, 2012 8:08:15 AM

Hi this is my first ever build and my hardware knowledge is pretty limited.By searching and reading diff. forums and bench marks i have come with this build.I can spend $100 more, if you have any suggestions that improve this then i'm listening.

Approximate Purchase Date: I would love to have it for next week but I can wait a bit longer if it's worth waiting.

Budget Range:$1000 + $100 max

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, internet usage and office programs such as microsoft visual studio.

Parts Not Required: speakers . keyboard .headphones and monitor.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ebay.in [just for ref. mostly i'm buying directly from distributors and resellers]

Parts Preferences: anyone easily available in India except for MSI

Overclocking: Maybe in future but not at the moment.

SLI or Crossfire: Defiantly in the future but not at the moment.

Additional Comments: I need help with case if it will be able to include the GPU ,good cooling and future upgrading, if you have something better pls suggest.

My Build :

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair GS700W ATX12V Power Supply

What Do you think? Will this work well together?I'm ready to wait for Ivy bridge but if price of MOBO and PROCESSOR is high then i wont bother much for them.

Thanks in advance, help much appreciated.

EDIT: Games i'm gonna play are Battlefield 3, skyrim, mass effect 3 and if possible DX9 and DX 10 games too.
Monitor resolution 1080p.

More about : advice 1000 build

April 1, 2012 8:11:26 AM

Get Crucial Ballistix sport instead. Much more reliable. Do not get the GS series Corsair PSUs. They are not good, because they are not manufactured by Seasonic, a leading manufacturer of PSUs that makes quality parts.
m
l
April 1, 2012 8:16:00 AM

Can you suggest the other PSU with same price range?
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2012 8:33:31 AM

yeah but i will CFX in future after a year or so. Anyting that can handle two HD 7870?
m
l
April 2, 2012 4:24:01 AM

750W XFX PSU.
m
l
!