Computer sees wireless network but it won't connect even wired

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Laptops
  • Wireless Network
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 25, 2011 1:10:05 AM

I'm desperately trying to set up my old D-Link DI-524 on my parent's Toshiba laptop...I'm visiting and going thru withdrawals! I've installed it, run the wizard etc but it doesn't work...not even wired. I've tried various cable configurations and I get nothing. Both cables are good and work just fine connected to the modem. I've reset it a few times, upgraded the firmware and still nothing...I'd think I'd at least get it to work hard wired. My laptop can see the network I set up even...but no data transmission. I'm not a wireless expert, but I need to become one fast!

Greatly appreciate any and all help

Dave

More about : computer sees wireless network connect wired

Best solution

a b D Laptop
June 25, 2011 6:13:18 AM

are you connecting to a DSL?

try setting your router's LAN IP to 192.168.5.1
June 25, 2011 2:39:49 PM

Best answer selected by ysoytnly.
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2011 2:40:36 PM

Emerald, I can't thank you enough...that was all it was. You're the best!!!!
m
l
November 14, 2013 4:31:30 PM

ysoytnly said:
I'm desperately trying to set up my old D-Link DI-524 on my parent's Toshiba laptop...I'm visiting and going thru withdrawals! I've installed it, run the wizard etc but it doesn't work...not even wired. I've tried various cable configurations and I get nothing. Both cables are good and work just fine connected to the modem. I've reset it a few times, upgraded the firmware and still nothing...I'd think I'd at least get it to work hard wired. My laptop can see the network I set up even...but no data transmission. I'm not a wireless expert, but I need to become one fast!

Greatly appreciate any and all help

Dave

m
l