Using QuickTime player with a multi-card reader

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 13, 2005 7:58:59 PM

Ever since I installed one of these 7-in-1 memory card readers in my
PC, QuickTime player has gone berserk. It gives me a bunch of "drive
not ready" error messages, which if I'm patient enough, I can hit "OK",
"Cancel" or "continue" on all of them and eventually get to the player
to play my stupid little MOV clip.

I'm guessing this is due to the virtual drive letters on my card reader
not being "ready" since there is no card inserted. But who cares, I am
trying to play a clip from my hard drive after all.

Any workarounds for this?
Anonymous
June 14, 2005 10:52:50 AM

in QT Player go File, Open Recent, Clear Menu. This may help....

Also be sure to safely remove (stop before removing) all removable media -
XP can get a bit confused it you just hoik it out....

Guy

midicad2001@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ever since I installed one of these 7-in-1 memory card readers in my
> PC, QuickTime player has gone berserk. It gives me a bunch of "drive
> not ready" error messages, which if I'm patient enough, I can hit
> "OK", "Cancel" or "continue" on all of them and eventually get to the
> player to play my stupid little MOV clip.
>
> I'm guessing this is due to the virtual drive letters on my card
> reader not being "ready" since there is no card inserted. But who
> cares, I am trying to play a clip from my hard drive after all.
>
> Any workarounds for this?
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 4:52:22 PM

Bigguy wrote:
> in QT Player go File, Open Recent, Clear Menu. This may help....

It sure did! Many thanks.
!