New gaming build 1000€/1200$ Holland

M4RBUX

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few times before, and since I now have an internet connection again I am planning on ordering my build soon. I still have a few questions however. Will it really be worth the extra money to get a 680 i.o. A 7950 OC? I will mainly be playing Team Fortress 2 and Skyrim when I get it, but as soon as Far Cry 3 comes out I'll be getting that. I know that's going to be quite the graphical heavy game, and i want to run it smoothly at 1080p. Also will it be worth waiting for Ivy Bridge and the rest of the 600 series? I'm also wondering what PSU I need to SLI/crossfire Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Approximate purchase date:Within now and a few weeks.
Budget range:1000€
System usage:Gaming,internet.
Parts not required:OS, keyboard mouse and monitor.
Preferred site: Azerty.nl
Parts preferences:Mobo: Asrock z68 Extr3 Gen3/Asrock z77 Extr4, CPU: Intel i5 2500k, GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7950 oc/ EVGA GTX 680 RAM: Corsair Vengeance lp cl9 8GB, Case: Zalman Z9 plus PSU: Corsair GS800 or TX750, depending on what Gpu for SLI.
Sli and OC:Yes in the future.
Resolution:1920x1080

I also need a wireless network adapter at reasonable price. I have a deal on 55€ HDD+DVD, but that should be taken in to the 1000€ budget.

I would stay away from that Corsair GS800w. It's manufactured by CWT for Corsair and it's not one to be recommended on here. XFX psu's are inexpensive on that site and they are manufactured by Seasonic as are all mid and upper tier Corsair psu's.

If you go with 7950's then look at this one down below...

http://azerty.nl/8-1073-353620/xfx-core-edition-pro750w-voe.html € 83,57
XFX Core Edition PRO750W - Voeding ( intern )

And for dual 680's have a look at this psu...

http://azerty.nl/8-1073-353621/xfx-core-edition-pro850w-voe.html € 92,45
XFX Core Edition PRO850W - Voeding ( intern )

XFX also has a modular line up on that site you linked, although they are more expensive. Everything else on your build looks fine.

M4RBUX

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Thanks for your reply Hiya, do you know anything about wireless network adapters? The ones on this site are pretty cheap but are they any good?

Wireless N may be backwards compatible, but you still need a Wireless N Router to take full advantage of the Wireless N Card. Same with Wireless G. Since he specified already, he would need a Wireless N WiFi Card.

Even if the OP had a wireless G router, it would be idiotic to purchase a wireless G adapter seeing how if the OP ever purchased a new router he would be totally screwed with a wireless G card. In fact I cant think of anyone on here within the past two years recommending a wireless G card even if the OP had a wireless G router. This is a first on here.