Sign in with
Your question

Triple Monitor - Can I split it between GPU and Mobo?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 25, 2012 3:39:00 AM

Hello Tom's Hardware!

The goal? Run a triple monitor setup with the hardware I have! The problem? Gapping my GPU and Mobo...

Specs...
Windows 7
MoBo: Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 (Hoping to utilize it's HDMI out or even settle for DVI)
GPU: Radeon HD 5700 Series

I have x2 monitors I would like to run via DVI to the GPU, and then an HDTV with HDMI to the MoBo? Is this possible without the use of a DisplayPort?

Thanks!

-Mike
January 25, 2012 3:42:39 AM

Got it figured out. You want to know how stupid I am? I didn't turn the HDTV on, so yeah... I've seen better days.

SOLVED! =P
January 25, 2012 3:49:21 AM

Thank you for calling Comcast customer support...

Sorry, this post so reminded me of my 2.5 years wasted doing HSI/HDTV troubleshooting.

Glad you got it working =)
Related resources
January 25, 2012 4:22:58 AM

Funny thing is I've built my own towers and been well versed in the GPU world since the first rig I built with my Radeon 9600 XT...

Yeah - I'm a moron. Happens to the best of us.
January 25, 2012 4:45:23 AM

biggestofmikes said:
Funny thing is I've built my own towers and been well versed in the GPU world since the first rig I built with my Radeon 9600 XT...

Yeah - I'm a moron. Happens to the best of us.

We've all been there, I practically live there.

I can't even begin to count the numbers of times I've over-reacted in situations where it was something so minor it hadn't even crossed my mind. Of course with 4 kids in the house, there's also been plenty of times when I've wished it was just something minor heh.

Nothing says loving like trying to figure out why your 2 week old 42" Plasma won't turn on, only to find out that your 9 year old wedged a screwdriver into the power button trying to keep his 5 year old brother from turning it off. Fortunately for him, Best Buy didn't ask too many questions :whistle: 

January 25, 2012 4:58:04 AM

I'm glad I haven't been in THAT situation yet! Best of luck to you and whatever future endeavors you may have with your local HDTV seller.
!