First Gaming PC

MoMoAZ

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Hello all,
Checking for compatibility and looking for any part suggestions.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within a month

Budget Range: $600 - $750

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming Internet Music

Parts Not Required: Keyboard Mouse Speakers Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: No preference

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Monitor Resolution: Max? my first time don't know much

Additional Comments:
My 3rd rig from suggestions below:

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=26788528

If you get a 6790 instead of the 550 TI, it will be a faster card for about the same price.

The Thermaltake PSU isn't a good brand and the TR2 model line is about the worst one they make. I would avoid this PSU like the plague. I would get an XFX Pro 450w Core instead.

RAM - CT2KIT51264BA1339 is cheaper and you get RAM with lower failure rates and you aren't likely to have any performance difference.

Hard Drive - I would go with a 500 GB instead, by any other than Hitachi. Spend the money on a better video card like 6850 or so if you want. Hard drive prices are super high right now so its best not to buy more than you have to right now. You can always add another one later when the prices go down. The Samsung Spinpoint F3 by Seagate is good (Seagate is building it for Samsung after the Samsung factory got destroyed by a natural disaster in Asia).

CD Drive - The Asus 24x is best in class and most likely only a dollar or two more. I would get that instead.

Case - A little overkillish. The HAF 912 is the cost/performance leader. I would only get something more expensive if you just can't stand the looks of the HAF 912.