Which Case should I buy?

Xeus

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
CoolerMaster Storm Trooper, SilverStone Raven RV03 or HAF-X.

What do you guys think. There all very similar. The Ravens design is bizarre but it looks like it would help with the airflow. Also, I won't be using water cooling, ever. Any advice would be appreciated as this is the first PC I have ever built. Feel free to recommend another case if you think that you may know a better case that is in the price range of £100-150.

Cheers.

Easy answer:
Pick the one that visually appeals to you the most.
They all will do the job.

More discussion needed:

If a case has at least two 120mm intake fans, or the equivalent in exhaust fans, it will have adequate cooling for a gamer.
If a case can hold your hard drives,dvd, and your motherboard, it will be large enough.

Now, Why do you want a full tower case?
What size motherboard will you need to fit? ATX, M-ATX, ITX?
Do you even need a more expensive ATX motherboard vs a cheaper, smaller M-ATX motherboard.

Is quiet in a case of any concern to you?

Is portability, like for lan parties of any concern for you?

Xeus

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I want a full tower case is so I can get the best airflow possible for the price. I will be getting an Nvidia GTX 680 when it releases which I can imagine would create a lot of heat.

Size of the motherboard is a ATX and yeah I would like a quiet case. :)

Nope, I don't ever plan on going to a LAN party.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
The 680 doesn't actually generate lots of heat. Even my HAF 922 is plenty big for my system. I like the look of the HAF series, so either the 932 or the X is my vote. :)

Maxor1

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I'm not sure about the Raven, I haven't used one in the past and I have some concerns about cable length on some power supplies with the orientation to the front and side like that, though it would seem to be dependent on cable and motherboard. Most quality PSUs don't exactly skimp on cable length either so generally I think you would be ok but not certain. I would also personally like the Grey trim with vents on both sides, (I'm not a big fan of windows,) but that is unavailable.

I just installed a GTX680 in a Silverstone TJ08E case, it is a M-ATX case.
It turns out that the GTX680 produces less heat because of 28nm mfg process. it is inaudible in my case, even with the front 180mm fan turned to low and undervolted. No rear fan is necessary. I happened to need a case that was not deep to fit my particular desk.
Silverstone sells a sound deadening panel kit which I applied to the side panels.
If you like "bling" it is not the case for you, but if you like quality, it is as good as it gets.

Xeus

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'm leaning more towards the HAF-X and the CM Storm Trooper

Xeus

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I also prepare to buy for the future, and if I ever want to double up on my GPU's, a full tower case would be a must I would think.

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I'm not sure if you understand how huge those cases are. The HAF 922 is pretty big, the 932 even bigger, the X is a freaking tank. You could fit 3 GPU's EASILY in a 932.

Xeus

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I don't mean it is a must because a smaller case would fit the GPU's in, I mean I would need it for the airflow. The bigger the better, I have plenty of space in my room for it. :)