Solved

Temperature too high for i5-3570k?

While running games (generally on max settings) using a stock i5-3570k CPU (not overclocked), I'm getting these temperatures:

(Gaming)
CPU Frequency: 3114.85 Mhz

VID: 1.264 V

Core#0: 72 C Max
Core#1: 76 C Max
Core#2: 73 C Max
Core#3: 71 C Max

(Idle)
CPU Frequency: 1649.77 MHz

VID: .9874 V

Core#0: 31/37 Max
Core#1: 28/34 Max
Core#2: 29/36 Max
Core#3: 30/35 Max

Heatsink: i5-3570k stock heatsink w/ CPU fan.
Thermal Paste: Stock heatsink out of box preapplied.
Cooling:
x2 120mm front intake fans
x1 120mm rear outtake fan
x1 200mm top outtake fan

I read that I should be running roughly 50-60 C so these temperatures are a little worrying for me. I also read that some people have i5-3570k's running a bit hotter (Tom's Hardware benchmarks seem to suggest that too), so are these temperatures normal? What can I do to decrease the temperatures?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temperature high 3570k
  1. Anyone?
  2. High, could be in mid 50's.
  3. Re-aply the thermal paste and make sure u follow the mounting procedure.
  4. Did you install it correctly?

You can read the stock cooler install guide in my sig for more info.
  5. Best answer
    your temps are fine. Ivy its hotter then Sandy. I have a i7 2600k @ stock frequencyes but with a Titan Fenrir Evo 2 cooler and my temps get to 60C while gaming. You didnt mention one critical info: what is your ambient (room) temperature? i have arround 30 -31C..considering that yesterday the temps outside went up to 39C in the shadows.......
  6. nikorr said:
    Re-aply the thermal paste and make sure u follow the mounting procedure.

The heatsink came with thermal paste applied, do you mean I should remove the stock thermal paste and buy my own tube? Is that really necessary?
  7. crisan_tiberiu said:
    your temps are fine. Ivy its hotter then Sandy. I have a i7 2600k @ stock frequencyes but with a Titan Fenrir Evo 2 cooler and my temps get to 60C while gaming. You didnt mention one critical info: what is your ambient (room) temperature? i have arround 30 -31C..considering that yesterday the temps outside went up to 39C in the shadows.......

Ambient temperature is around 25 C (77F), should I buy another heatsink?
  8. well, considering that idle temps are in the raneg of 35 degrees celsius,yes, a better cooler will get your temps down
  9. crisan_tiberiu said:
    well, considering that idle temps are in the raneg of 35 degrees celsius,yes, a better cooler will get your temps down

What range should they be at idle? and suggestions to a better heatsink?
  10. amuffin said:
    Did you install it correctly?

You can read the stock cooler install guide in my sig for more info.

Looked at your guides (good guides btw) and i'm around 90% sure I did it right. Certainly looks like what you did in the pictures. Checked the pins that push into the mobo, they're all the way through.
  11. For a stock cooler those are the temperatures you can expect. For abot $30 you can drop those temps about 10-15c with a cheap aftermarket cooler.
  12. If u get an after market CPU cooler, u can OC to 4.5GHz with ease : )
    COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus120mm CPU Cooler or the EVO model.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

13. Best answer selected by zenaer.
  14. There is no cooler that will solve this problem people that buy ivy chips they and up running them at from 4.5Ghz with intel speedstep to 1.6 ghz @ idle just to get some cool temps to idle this is why i say don't buy them:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/340000-10-corei-7920-bloomfield
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Heatsinks Intel i5 Product