Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade pc or go for console?

Last response: in Systems
April 1, 2012 5:34:01 PM

i was wondering, if its more suitable to go for pc upgrade, that makes it a gamer machine, go for a console, like PS3?

if i upgrade pc, i would need to upgrade RAM (currently 2GB), PSU, get a GPU (currently none), external hard drive and probably a faster processor (i currently have core2duo 2.79 GHz), while i would need to buy only PS3, which might of the same cost as upgrading pc.

experience wise, which is a better option?

thanks

More about : upgrade console

April 1, 2012 5:35:48 PM

Well do you like console or pc gaming more?
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:41:30 PM

i had a PS1, wayyyy back! and till now, I've been playing games on PC, so im looking for advises, as to which one's better!

thanks
m
l
Related resources
April 1, 2012 5:56:18 PM

That depends on what kind of games you prefer.

If you prefer PC exclusive genres like strategy, realistic or competitive first person shooters (Quake live, counterstrike, team fortress 2, red orchestra, ARMA, BF3 with 64 players, etc.) racing sims, flight sims, etc., then go for PC.

If all the games you want to play are also available for consoles, then a current gen console might be the cheaper, more convenient option.
m
l
April 1, 2012 5:58:05 PM

What games have you been playing if you don't have a video card? A great place to start would be to add 2GB RAM and an HD 7750. That would allow you to play any game up to 1080p resolution, and you'll only spend about $130. Your current CPU can handle most games well.
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:10:08 PM

jessterman21 said:
What games have you been playing if you don't have a video card? A great place to start would be to add 2GB RAM and an HD 7750. That would allow you to play any game up to 1080p resolution, and you'll only spend about $130. Your current CPU can handle most games well.

the last game i played was COD MW2, and before that i played NFS Most Wanted, with only built-in chipset. and i play games on 1024 res. i can play Crysis Warhead, but it runs a little slow. but lately, any game i like cant run on my PC, NFS Shift, COD MW3, Dirt 3 etc.

if i wanna play these game, which is better, PC or PS3?
m
l
April 1, 2012 6:12:44 PM

Well, do you like pc gaming or console gaming?

For Xbox, I like playing MW3, but I like playing games like Skyrim, Mass Effect on PC.

For NFS, MW3, Dirt, I think they'll be fine on a console, just depends on your preferences.
m
l
!