Doom 3 question: Delta Labs 1 E - corridor crawlspace

For some reason I can't make it through the crawlspace under the floor
panels into the locked room. I don't crouch low enough. Am I missing
something here?

Hullabaloo wrote:
> For some reason I can't make it through the crawlspace under the floor
> panels into the locked room. I don't crouch low enough. Am I missing
> something here?

I had that problem as well. What had happened is that when the panels
blew out, a couple of them landed back in the hole, preventing me from
crouching low enough. I restarted the level, and the grates landed
differently the second time around.

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.net> wrote in message
> Hullabaloo wrote:
>> For some reason I can't make it through the crawlspace under the floor
>> panels into the locked room. I don't crouch low enough. Am I missing
>> something here?
>
> I had that problem as well. What had happened is that when the panels
> blew out, a couple of them landed back in the hole, preventing me from
> crouching low enough. I restarted the level, and the grates landed
> differently the second time around.

That's pretty dumb. You would think they would code that so that it would
be impossible for the passage to be blocked. Weird.

> > I had that problem as well. What had happened is that when the panels
> > blew out, a couple of them landed back in the hole, preventing me from
> > crouching low enough. I restarted the level, and the grates landed
> > differently the second time around.
>
> That's pretty dumb. You would think they would code that so that it would
> be impossible for the passage to be blocked. Weird.

The game has a lot of glitches like that...just playing through it once with
a buddy via co-op mode we ran into quite a few.

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Now what's your momma gonna say about this?"
- Marcus Hill, Narc

In article <0IJ8e.27530$GJ.6186@attbi_s71>,
Grinder <grinder@no.spam.maam.net> wrote:

> Hullabaloo wrote:
> > For some reason I can't make it through the crawlspace under the floor
> > panels into the locked room. I don't crouch low enough. Am I missing
> > something here?
>
> I had that problem as well. What had happened is that when the panels
> blew out, a couple of them landed back in the hole, preventing me from
> crouching low enough. I restarted the level, and the grates landed
> differently the second time around.

Tried that and it worked. Thanks!

In article <lfqdne_8za61o_nfRVn-3A@rogers.com>,
"Scream" <scream1969@REMOVETEXTINCAPShotmail.com> wrote:

> That's pretty dumb. You would think they would code that so that it would
> be impossible for the passage to be blocked. Weird.

Well, considering how awesome the game looks and how smoothly it moves
for how graphically intense it is, I can forgive the occasional tiny
physics glitch. Nothing's perfect after all.