Which USB data cable compatible with 6600?

Hi

I've just finished a call with Nokia's customer support here in
Australia and was told no compatible data cable will be available
for the Nokia 6600 as it is Bluetooth enabled.

I find this to be rather ridiculous and was wondering if anyone
here knows better - will a DKU-5 cable work on the 6600, or any
other cable?

Many thanks in advance

Elessar
3 answers Last reply
More about which data cable compatible 6600

    Elessar wrote:
    > I've just finished a call with Nokia's customer support here in
    > Australia and was told no compatible data cable will be available
    > for the Nokia 6600 as it is Bluetooth enabled.

    The logic is that you can get an USB Bluetooth adapter for about 30-50 euros
    which is cheaper than most data cables.

    If you now buy one USB adapter, you can use it with all the Bluetooth
    enabled mobile devices you get in the future. If go for the cable, you will
    need a different kind of cable for most devices. For example Nokia has
    already two types of cables for the Pop-Port (DKU-2 and DKU-5), so an old
    cable can become an obsolete cable.

    > I find this to be rather ridiculous and was wondering if anyone
    > here knows better - will a DKU-5 cable work on the 6600, or any
    > other cable?

    There isn't any official data cable for the 6600, because it does not have
    Nokia's own proprietary Pop-Port . However, there are unofficial 3rd party
    data cables for the 6600 too, such as this one:

    http://www.logosunlimited.co.uk/nokia_cables.htm

    For more, try: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22+Nokia+6600+%22+data+cable

    I don't have any experience of those 3rd party cables so I don't know, if
    they're any good. I do know that 3rd party batteries have turned out to be a
    bit explosive. :)

    --
    Tero Lehto
    http://lehto.net/tero/

    The non-official cables are unweidly, bulky, must be installed under the
    battery (so the phone has to be reset every time you want to hook it up) and
    doesnt work with PC Suite at all ..

    Get a bluetooth adapter ..

    On 12/04/2004, Elessar wrote in message <s0pec.5095$ED.1822@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au>:

    > I've just finished a call with Nokia's customer support here in
    > Australia and was told no compatible data cable will be available
    > for the Nokia 6600 as it is Bluetooth enabled.
    >
    > I find this to be rather ridiculous and was wondering if anyone
    > here knows better - will a DKU-5 cable work on the 6600, or any
    > other cable?

    The reason there are no compatible data cables for the 6600 is
    that the 6600's case doesn't have any data sockets. You'd have
    to open it up to plug something in.

    The Nokia can sent and receive data by bluetooth, infra-red, and
    over the air. I think Nokia thought that that was enough.

    Simon.
    --
    Using pre-release version of newsreader.
    Please tell me if it does weird things.

Nokia Compatibility Cable