Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Port Checker SAys my ports are open but game's server dont work?

Last response: in Networking
April 12, 2011 3:45:55 PM

i want to make server for COD4 MW1 and thats y i openned port both on UDP(28960) And TCP(28961) and port checker says ur ports are open.. i have a dynamic ip, when i make server it look as if every thing is working as it should but i can only connect it (through local server search of game) no one else cant connect it even when i give then my ip from ip chiken nothing works :(  i tried tried alot but .. i dont know much about networking,, my router has option on the front to open port so i did it but how to lounch the server to the internet??? can any body please help me?? that will b very nice of him plz
April 12, 2011 6:44:39 PM

yes i m giving the Public ip to every one than too they cant connect,,
m
l
Related resources
April 12, 2011 9:46:04 PM

What type of router is it?
What do you mean by your router has option on the front to open port.
What did you do to open the ports? there are two places you need to open the ports.
first place on your computer's firewall (if you have one) and second on your routers firewall.
I am guessing you got at least you computer's firewall or it did it automatically, because you can connect locally to your server.
Did you port forward your server's local ip address to the router, when you opened the port?
m
l
April 13, 2011 4:51:09 PM

this is screen shot of my router what i did to it is here.. i did nothing with any firewall.. jst checked the ip from local area connection and wrote that.. nothing else

my ISP is wi-tribe and router is of a company Name ZTE i think.
m
l
April 14, 2011 1:13:15 AM

Hey mate,

I'm not 100% positive, but I've heard that some ISP's block port 28960 outgoing, so you can't host a COD 4 server, but umm, try opening 28960 on both the TCP and UDP protocols, not just UDP.

Also, open port 53 to your PC, open your firewall on your PC, or better yet turn it off, and when hosting your server, make sure you type

+set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec mp_server.cfg +map_rotate

You do know how to host a server don't you?

Anyways let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Axxeon
m
l
April 14, 2011 6:24:51 PM

axxeon said:
Hey mate,

I'm not 100% positive, but I've heard that some ISP's block port 28960 outgoing, so you can't host a COD 4 server, but umm, try opening 28960 on both the TCP and UDP protocols, not just UDP.

Also, open port 53 to your PC, open your firewall on your PC, or better yet turn it off, and when hosting your server, make sure you type

+set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster 1 +exec mp_server.cfg +map_rotate

You do know how to host a server don't you?

Anyways let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Axxeon

I do not know much about the cansol commands all i do is select start your own server from menu +dedicated to internet and start.. nothing else.
m
l

Best solution

April 15, 2011 7:07:41 AM

You need to port forward ports
UDP:28960
UDP:20800
UDP:20810

here is some instructions I found on it.

http://xzone-reactor.com/forums/call-duty-4-mw1-hacks-b...
April 26, 2011 12:14:38 PM

Best answer selected by s9y143.
m
l
!