Video card my HTPC

Decided to try this again...

Right now i am looking to upgrade the graphics card on my HTPC.

as of right now i am using the built in graphics card that comes with my motherboard.

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

This is my motherboard. I have intel i5 processor.

Now for my htpc i am looking to play 40gb bluray movies flawlessly and just play any 1080p perfectly...NO games just want perfect BLURAY, as i think my motherboard graphics gives me tons of problems with playback such as skipping, or just audio seems off......

my budget is 50-60$ after rebates...

What would be my best bet perfect playback. looking to hook this up to my 47 inch LG 3D tv, while also using my Dell 22 inch Monitor.

IF YOU COULD, CAN YOU LINK SOME GOOD GRAPHICS CARDS FROM NEWEGG as Its easier to go by, and not just model numbers...

Also have only a 350W power supply so i cant go too crazy...
3 answers Last reply
More about video card htpc
  1. 6570, 6670
  2. I think I found what one. Seems like it will be great for flawless bluray playback....

SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
    This might be a stupid question but will the hdmi on the card be also able to carry audio.??? I have read some graphic cards dont carry audio? I have everything hooked up to a stereo and will only be using hdmi....
  3. That card should be more than enough for your purposes. It's on par with my HD4670, which does all that you want.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Oh... and yes, it will carry audio via HDMI.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics