I5 2500k no overclock temp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lex-321

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
So i have the stock cpu cooler that came with, and I have the asus p8p67 evo rev 3 mobo. Coolermaster 690 2, with 2 fans + the power supply fan, and a gtx 560 oc2.

I've noticed that one of the fan of my rig is extra noisy, and after downloading the monitoring tools from asus it seems to either be my cpu fan or the video card fan (which I can't tell)

Under gaming (f1 2010, civ v, lotro, all games under fullest of graphics) which is where I notice this, the cpu fan will often run at 3k rpm and the cpu will range between 45% to 80% at a temp hovering around 65 to 70C.

Is that at all normal?

I was already thinking of getting an other cpu cooler, but would still appreciate advice if it's needed under the current use or not. I don't overclock this pc, yet as it also serve as my work station for recording.

Solution
"the cpu fan will often run at 3k rpm and the cpu will range between 45% to 80% at a temp hovering around 65 to 70C."

This is definitely an indication that you need better cooling at the CPU. Pick youreslf up a CoolerMaster hyper 212 EVO cooler and you'll get lower fan speeds and cooler temps.

Solution

lex-321

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Alright thanks Guys, think I'll go with the hyper 212 since it's seems the smallest of the two, and I don't want to lost my side fan options. Not to mention it's twice cheaper than the v6 gt, at my usual dealer, and has a lower db noise ration when it's in idle.

Good choice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.