Short run Prime 95
5 days F@H 24/7

1.33v
LLC - High
Duty Control - Extreme
Phase Control - Extreme

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8080/49461122.png

Moved onto 4.9ghz, same settings as above execpt cpu voltage up to 1.39v

So far 24hrs F@H completed so testing not complete.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4337/26437359.png

Not looking for gold stars or bragging rights just wondered how this compares with other chips OC results, heat and voltage.

The heat has definately gone up since going to 4.9ghz, especially around the chipset, I have an assist fan but not keen on running 70C 24/7.

Any thoughts??

Well atm I'm just seeing what it will do.

I usually ramp it up to the max to see whats possible and then settle for best voltage/heat/speed as final OC.

Managed to get my chipset temps down to low 60's even with the 4.9 OC by switching my rear exhaust fan to an intake.

I suppose 5ghz is next. :D

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Thats a respectable OC you got there :)

in 2 more days my Noctua NH-D14 arrives and I can start playing with my "new" Xeon X5650

Though I will be happy with something more like 4.5GHz on that chip I think

cbrunnem

Distinguished

troll.

who invited the debbie downer

if you only need 1.41v to keep 5 ghz i see no reason to downclock if you can keep the temps low.

^ :lol:

Since switching the rear fan to intake the chipset temps have been around 60C, I'm happy with that.

CPU temps haven't been much of an issue with the H100 but as the volts are going up the fans are getting louder!

Might have to considor some replacement fans that are a bit quieter if I'm going to keep it ramped up.

@4.8 with 1.32v it was nice and quiet, I may well just drop it back down to that for long term use.

The bonus is with this setup is being able to run the OC with Speedstep using the offset voltage, therefore prolonging the life of my cpu. :na:

InvalidError

Titan

Not much point in worrying about the chipset temperature since the IO Hub runs at stock clock regardless of how high the CPU cores and memory controller are overclocked so it should run at the exact same temperature as it did before.

VRM and CPU temperatures would be a different story.

So this is where most of my high temps were coming from (red circles)

Listed as VCORE-1 and VCORE2 in the Asus Thermal Radar

This pic shows idle temps, they were hitting over 70C but got them down to 60C now with new fan arrangement.

vcore.png