Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade for a Dell Optiplex Power Supply F5114

Last response: in Components
July 15, 2012 8:54:38 AM

i would like to ask if there is a better psu that has a higher watt that is the same or approximate size as the dell optiplex power supply F5114. the current psu i have has an odd shape and is only at 280watt. and i don't have much of a budget so anything under a $100/ £50 would be fine. the reason the size is important is because its one of those Small form factor cases from dell. i'll eventually upgrade everything soon but for now a psu is all i need.

this is my first thread and i dont know much about computers so any advice is much appreciated.

many thanks.
July 15, 2012 8:57:26 AM

praveen7796 said:
i would like to ask if there is a better psu that has a higher watt that is the same or approximate size as the dell optiplex power supply F5114. the current psu i have has an odd shape and is only at 280watt. and i don't have much of a budget so anything under a $100/ £50 would be fine. the reason the size is important is because its one of those Small form factor cases from dell. i'll eventually upgrade everything soon but for now a psu is all i need.

this is my first thread and i dont know much about computers so any advice is much appreciated.

many thanks.

EDIT: the fan needs to be on the same side as the side the power plug goes into.
!