Solved

My Temps, A little worried.....

Okay so I purchased and built a whole new computer. I am running the FX-8150 on an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mobo, with the Hyper 212 EVO heatsink. These are my temperatures [SEE BELOW], are they okay? My phenom ran idle on the Hyper 212+ at 23C and maxed at 45C under Prime95 for 30 minutes. I'm a little worried about these temperatures.

Please bare in mind I am in a pretty hot room due to it being padded and sound proof for music and it's my office, I do have audio engineers who come in to my recording studio and work in the booths/main and I'd rather not hear the sound from there, so my walls are padded, a long with theirs.

- Room Temp. 27C (80F)

- Idle: 45C (113F)

- Prime95 10 minutes: 57C (135F)

I really hope I don't need to re-seat this thing..... I have to remove 32GB of RAM and this case is so dang heavy, and it's just hard to do once it's in the case.... :( lol

Computer Specs:
FX-8150 [Stock, no overclocking]
32GB Ripjaw Z RAM
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
EVGA GTX 690 [Upgraded from 670, got this baby for $500]
Corsair HX750 Watt
ASUS Blu-Ray
2 256GB SanDisk SSD
2 VelociRaptor 1TB
2 WD Black Caviar 2TB

The case is an NZXT Phantom and my fans are as follows: 1 top 200MM (Outtake), 1 back 120MM (Outtake), 2 side 120MM (Intake by harddrives), Front 140MM (Intake, this one doesn't do much)

Thank you to any and all who answer or help me!!!!!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about temps worried
  1. they're fine, nothing to worry about
  2. Best answer
    Those temps look fine to me. Maybe if you could crank the fans up a bit you could get it down to 55 at load, but as long as it doesn't tip 60, it will be fine.
  3. Awesome, thank you! I knew it was never supposed to exceed 61, as I've read online from quite a few places. Will keep an eye on it, thanks again!
  4. No Problem!
  5. 61C was more phenom II, the Bulldozers are better with heat... around 70C is more where you want to stop
  6. Best answer selected by abcstudios.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs